Respected Contributor

Re: LR's business during the COVID-19 crisis

@LAPG wrote:

At a time when large numbers of people around the world have lost their lives due to COVID-19; and many more are fighting for their lives; and many of us are separated from  family, friends, and co-workers; and businesses are being forced to close and may never be able to re-open; and the economy is on the brink of disaster; and some of us will have to postpone our retirement because of the financial crisis…..LR continues to promote her high-priced products without skipping a beat.

I suppose some might view it as a respite from all the turmoil that surrounds us, and/or money may not be an issue for many of her customers, and/or perhaps she’s counting on sales to keep her staff working during the crisis, which is understandable. (I apologize if she has discussed this in one of her FB videos.)  Still, any money that I’m able to part with over the coming weeks or months won’t be going toward the purchase of an expensive couture-inspired, high-end piece of jewelry but rather to a local restaurant or other small business that is struggling to survive.

Since you say that the economy "is on the brink of disaster" wouldn't her business help?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

Since I just ordered some earrings, good!  

H1N1 was worse, and we didn't tank the economy to get to the other side.  

We're nowhere near done with COVID19, @Blahblahvampemer .

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@manny2   .yeah, you're right.  It was written with love!

@Carmie why such a strong reaction. You don't know Lisa personally, so I find your sarcastic response interesting. 

If you have ever followed me in this board, you would have noticed that I don't need to know somone or even like somone to stand up for them.

It's just the way I am.  If someone takes a swipe at you for no good reason, I'll have your back too.

Respected Contributor

Best wishes to Lisa and all small businesses struggling to stay afloat in difficult times!

We are all so blessed to now have Internet and Wifi and have shopping, entertainment and communication at our fingertips.

Esteemed Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper  I would not want to be enduring this pandemic without the very things you mention. Although most of us are under mandatory or self isolation, It is so nice to be able to stay connected virtually, and have the essentials we are FORTUNATE enough to obtain, sometimes delivered right to our door.

~~~All we need is LOVE and HUGS today💖🤗

Esteemed Contributor

H1N1 was not worse and this hasn’t peaked yet. The vaccine response was more rapid. This virus has many unknowns. There was more predictability with H1N1
Respected Contributor

@LAPG HUH? Your post makes no sense to me. Are you feeling ok? Should you go see a doctor?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think many people just want to keep going (if they can) and are trying to keep busy.  Lisa, as far as I understand, has a small business going. If she can support herself and others through all of this, I think that is a good thing. In the long run, it actually gives back and helps the economy.   Some people can afford more luxuries than others and that's the way it's always been.  Just my take on it.

I edited this to say, we also don't know how much she gives back in the way of helping others.    

Respected Contributor

Like any other small business owner I wish Lisa well and hope that she is successful in continuing her business. She employs others who I am sure depend on the paycheck that they receive from this business. 

Esteemed Contributor

Speaking of former hosts, the last few days every time I go to my local tv station website I see a video of Albany Irving doing an ad for a couple of Wayfair products.