Honored Contributor

Just to keep it 100, QVC (and others) will routinely trash other brands to make theirs look more appealing.

But I totaly agree that that practice is a major turn off.    I won't buy from anybody if that's the sales pitch.   

Valued Contributor

All her jewelry looks cheap to me. 

I never cared for her taste in clothes or jewelry.  Her sisters have better style, IMO

Honored Contributor

Re: LR's Candles...

[ Edited ]

This was a topic over on Q-Talk about a week ago and the Q-Mod closed it for commenting....

And the OP even commented on it (reply#9)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

Is it just me? Re today's offerings (which have not insta-sold BTW) - I was raised to view the *color* of 18K jewelry as fakety-fake costume jewelry, especially on larg(er) pieces, in the same way that a 10 carat "diamond" Diamonique is obviously fake. The reason is simply that the vast majority of people you come in contact with in your daily life cannot afford large quantities of pure 18K gold or 10 carat real diamonds.

Small, delicate pieces of vermeil and a 2 carat solitaire Diamonique I think many/most people wouldn't question, but much beyond that and to me, the person is advertising they wear costume jewelry.

The newest offerings are gold plated, not even vermeil (which has a mandatory composition of all sterling with a minimum thickness of gold or you can't call it vermeil) and contain stainless steel as well. The accents are czs. They are $300 apiece(!) for 18K plating on sterling & base metal, who knows how thick (or not thick). And, just IMO, from the photos, look like something you'd see in the Nordstrom or Macy's costume jewelry area sitting out on the counter.

@Moonchilde

And this has to do with LR Candles how?????????????  Or did LR fills her with 18K gold??????????????? Woman Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Is it just me? Re today's offerings (which have not insta-sold BTW) - I was raised to view the *color* of 18K jewelry as fakety-fake costume jewelry, especially on larg(er) pieces, in the same way that a 10 carat "diamond" Diamonique is obviously fake. The reason is simply that the vast majority of people you come in contact with in your daily life cannot afford large quantities of pure 18K gold or 10 carat real diamonds.

Small, delicate pieces of vermeil and a 2 carat solitaire Diamonique I think many/most people wouldn't question, but much beyond that and to me, the person is advertising they wear costume jewelry.

The newest offerings are gold plated, not even vermeil (which has a mandatory composition of all sterling with a minimum thickness of gold or you can't call it vermeil) and contain stainless steel as well. The accents are czs. They are $300 apiece(!) for 18K plating on sterling & base metal, who knows how thick (or not thick). And, just IMO, from the photos, look like something you'd see in the Nordstrom or Macy's costume jewelry area sitting out on the counter.

@Moonchilde

And this has to do with LR Candles how?????????????  Or did LR fills her with 18K gold??????????????? Woman Wink

@Spurt ????????????????????????????????????

There are comments being made in this thread about LR's "selling" practices and the perceived quality of her goods - the candles being one example of her goods.  💐🌻❤️🌸😎🙂😉😍

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

Yes, this thread is not only about candles. Lots more. I need to add my 2 cents. Her driving and chatting was extremely juvenile. When she wasn't looking at the camera, she was looking at her friend (she now calls her that)  or out the window at the landscape.  iMO, her behavior always reminds me of an adolescent. 

Valued Contributor

OMG, with the waving to people on FB. 

She's driving and waving and talking about nothing. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Bri21 wrote:

Maybe it's an audition for James Corden's Carpool Karaoke!  

Valued Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Bri21 wrote:

Maybe it's an audition for James Corden's Carpool Karaoke!  

Well, she does have the greatest voice on earth.  LOL

The Tribe would love that.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw this thread at the top of the main forum page early this morning.  I then searched out Lisa's chat video to find out what's up with her flameless candles, since I like to decorate with candles.

I was genuinely shocked when I realized that her candles are the same technology as Solare, which is still here on QVC, but has not been well received.  Most people think they pale in comparison to Luminara. 

I happen to really like the two Solare candles that I bought when they first came to QVC.  I just don't like the huge oversized bulb they used.  As long as they're above eye level, though, I like the technology and have wanted to buy more.   

Solare was part of the Home Reflections family, FLIPO.  I think the newer generation candles like Lisa's are now being called Simplux and are affiliated with Melrose International.  Lots of info out there if one wants to search. 

As for her choice to put down Luminara, I can't stand it when anyone does this (a Luminara vendor has done it) and Lisa is no exception.  It isn't necessary. 

My final thought on all of this is how it's really bizarre that she's going with that line, since Solare was definitely NOT a mega hit on QVC.  Strange!