Trusted Contributor

Re: LR donating proceeds of sales to veterans

Regardless of all these comments I appreciate her efforts to give money to our veterans that fight for our country. They deserve every penny and LR is quite generous to do this.
Esteemed Contributor

If she actually donates.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@JasperDawg wrote:

So here's my problem with her donating "all the proceeds" from today's sales.  There does not seem to be any legal definition of "proceeds"-- it can be gross profits, net profits, or presumably something else.   

Lisa Robertson has been less than transparent when it comes to her charitable donations, so I'm making an educated guess that she's "donating" net profits.  Anyone who has been following her little business can conclude that it's a hobby and she's operating at a loss* -- so net profits are zero, i.e., no donation.

Her followers would do better donating directly to the charities.

*Same handful of followers buying small quantities of Big Lots- quality "goods."  "Italian Villa" property was in no way purchased with money from her sofa shopping channel.

@JasperDawg-  Your statement about her operating her business at a loss is a bit silly considering she was able to qualify for a mortgage loan in the amount of 1.5 million to purchase the home.

A person purchasing a home that is self employed must provide tax returns, financial statements, and provide a complete financial picture.  There was no way she would qualify for a mortgage loan had she not been able to prove her ability to support the debt.

Not sure why you would say she's doing her business as a hobby and operating at a loss?

Perhaps Lisa has other sources of income.

Trusted Contributor

Lisa made a ton of money on the Q..her annual.salary was reported at 1 mil a year which was big for a host. She probably also invested her money well. She has two big homes now. It's awesome she can spread her wealth with charity. Lisa is completely self made
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO 

You constantly stir up controversy for this woman, as well as open her life up for public comment, in addition to your own speculation about her.  These are not the actions of a friend.

Hope you are able to find some more productive avenues for yourself.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@twentysixteen wrote:

@vsm wrote:

@Kachina624  It has always been fitting and appropriate to honor the military on the 4th of July, because the connection between the Declaration of Independence and the military is profound. In the Declaration, we announced not only our independence from Great Britain, but also our "full power to levy war" to achieve that independence.  True to our word in the Declaration, we used that very power to wage a revolution -- the War for Independence --  by force of arms through our militias and the Continental Army.  If it weren't for our military, the Declaration of Independence would have remained just that: a bare statement...mere words on parchment.  The Founders would have scoffed at any attempt to deny this.  

@vsm 

@Kachina624  served in our military.

She is a veteran.

@twentysixteen.    How in the world did you remember that as I  usually only mention it one or twice a year?

Certainly a dedicated military was an important part of the birth of our country but it seems at that exact moment in time, the stars were aligned and we were fortunate to have some incrediblly talented civilian leaders present to form our government.  I don't know how they did it without teleohones, computers or secretaries.  They were amazingly wise, foresighted, and knowledgable.  Today we continue to reap the benefits of their wisdom and legal astuteness.  No other country has ever achieved what we did in the manner we did it.  It was just short of being a miracle.  That's what I  celebrate and give thanks for today.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
We would not be celebrating our independence if we had not had our military...many men fought and died for our independence. I think that is why they are connected.

@lovesrecess 

Let’s not forget the honorable assistance of our Allies.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Let's see if she actually discloses how much was donated.  She's pretty shady when it comes to those kinds of things...

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lisa’s foes have demonstrated once again that they seem totally consumed with trying to push their projected image of her—by trying to discredit her at every move.  To me that is far creepier than anyone that's expressed any appreciation for her!!

Honored Contributor

Projected image of her?  When, in fact, other's seem to know in-depth facts about her business, personal life and we (statement was directed at her foes? LOL) are the ones discrediting her?  Oh puhleeze, that is just cray-cray..

All these threads (in my opinion) are just to draw attention to LR and her website.. what an advertising ploy.  If I had a business and tried to draw people to my site, my posts would be banned as I would (and fast too).

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee