Esteemed Contributor

Re: LR donating proceeds of sales to veterans

She can say whatever she wants to make a sale, but like others have said, unless she proves she made an actual donation, I don’t believe it. I would never buy something just because the seller promised to make a donation in the future.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's a little bizarre that some people seem to think today is Veterean's Day.  

FWIW, I don't know anyone who has confused the two holidays. Not even Lisa, although a previous post suggested that she is mixed up about today's holiday. Her post begins with "On this day of celebrating our nation's birthday....." 

I don't understand why some think donations to veterans' charities should not be made today. I think charities would welcome donations no matter what day they were made and no matter the reason.

Valued Contributor

Now people here are trying to convince us that a businesswoman with no record for dishonesty is lying about donating to charities which she publicly has announced on her website? No offfense, but considering her transparency, I’m inclined to believe Lisa. Criticizing or doubting someone for being charitable in one breath while cheering yourself for supporting local charities you support in the next does not make you seem like a better or even more honest person. 

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:
She can say whatever she wants to make a sale, but like others have said, unless she proves she made an actual donation, I don’t believe it. I would never buy something just because the seller promised to make a donation in the future.

@Puppy Lips    It does make her credibility questionable.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Puppy Lips    It does make her credibility questionable.

A logical, intelligent person might come to the conclusion that a businesswoman with a clean record wouldn’t throw away her carreer and reputation over saving a few bucks by not writing a check to charities which she very publicly promised to support.

Honored Contributor

I don't care what Lisa donates to ,and I don't doubt her honesty. I do question why someone constantly  advertises this person, every time she sneezes

They do not post like any other poster on this site. They only come here to advertise Lisa's website

There used to be some guy that was involved in beauty products that did this stuff. I can't recall their name ,but, they got banned for doing it.

This poster never interacts with anyone, they just stir and run

Valued Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I don't care what Lisa donates to ,and I don't doubt her honesty. I do question why someone constantly  advertises this person, every time she sneezes

They do not post like any other poster on this site. They only come here to advertise Lisa's website

There used to be some guy that was involved in beauty products that did this stuff. I can't recall their name ,but, they got banned for doing it.

This poster never interacts with anyone, they just stir and run

@cherry  It’s prettty simple. He/She is a provocateur. His purpose is to expose people’s weaknesses, and he does that here by showing how people can really feel about a total stranger who’s never done them wrong. This thread is the best so far, because it shows how people will even go out of their way to find a reason to criticize those who give to charities. Provocateurs hold up a mirror to society and say, “not so pretty, huh?” 

Honored Contributor

You are speaking about posters I have a great deal of respect for, and have posted with for a long time. I don't agree with you, nor appreciate your nasty cracks about them either @MaryLamb , so don't tag me to make nasty cracks about my friends  Smiley Frustrated

Valued Contributor

@cherry wrote:

You are speaking about posters I have a great deal of respect for, and have posted with for a long time. I don't agree with you, nor appreciate your nasty cracks about them either @MaryLamb , so don't tag me to make nasty cracks about my friends  Smiley Frustrated

@cherry  I wasn’t nasty to anyone. I was giving an explanation about what he is and why he does it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry I thought you were doing other. If this is their MO it has backfired, the only person I think badly of, is the one who posts this drivel