Honored Contributor

Re: LR donating proceeds of sales to veterans

[ Edited ]

Mortgages? Banning? Fake donations? Questionable character?

To be honest...all that talk about a total stranger through curled lip

makes everyone sound a little....crazy. 

ETA: But continually posting about a person who MANY posters

have no idea who they are, is a little odd into itself.  

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

That’s great!

I applaud anything to support our Nation’s military.

BUT

Fourth of July is our Nation’s Birthday.

It’s your holiday.  It’s my holiday.

I don’t understand the July 4th/military connection this year.  

Other countries do this...but not the USA.

i believe the newly authorized Continental Army won the Revolutionary War -   !!  i don't think of 4th as a military holiday, but for sure, the military was primary in winning America's independence from King George's England!!!!

The freedom from King George is how I have always believed our nation's birth came from and therefore how I celebrate it.  We could not have done that without the War and every day men who took arms for their new country.  As far as Lisa donating I see no problem to do that.  I imagine if someone who for example had a food network show or some such did the same most people would be applauding.  Lisa takes a hit just because she is Lisa and still would even if she disclosed all.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

A few thoughts. The last time LR promised to make a donation to whatever it was, maybe the actual dollar amount was so low that it would be embarrassing to admit how low the sales were. As far as the horse farm and a mortgage, she could have actually paid for it in cash since she supposedly made a fortune while at QVC. Or she could have put a huge amount down, which could have given the option of a mortgage program where no income verification was needed. Also, there is a lot of land with that property. Maybe she plans to sell some of it off, which would be a shame. Or maybe she will lease out the stables for income. I don’t and won’t follow her on Facebook or ever buy anything she sells. I wish her no ill will. But I do get bugged by the never ending posts by the OP that LR walks on water. I know, I should just skip them, yet here I am again. If they are a ploy to bump up her sales, it is not working on me.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I'm very skeptical that she can afford the upkeep of that property without either renting it out for weddings and events and the same with the stables.  That's a lot of property to just support on one income. 

Honored Contributor

I wonder who really owns her new home.  It's in a company name, and it's not the same company that her home business has.  That's an unusual way to buy a house/property.  At least, it's not one that I'm familiar with.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I wonder who really owns her new home.  It's in a company name, and it's not the same company that her home business has.  That's an unusual way to buy a house/property.  At least, it's not one that I'm familiar with.

It's really not unusual at all, depending on what you plan on doing with the property.

My DH and I owned rental houses and they were put into the name of a company that we formed for the specific purpose of holding those houses.  We did it for liability purposes.  That way we couldn't personally be sued over anything involving these rental houses.     

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

It's really not unusual at all, depending on what you plan on doing with the property.

My DH and I owned rental houses and they were put into the name of a company that we formed for the specific purpose of holding those houses.  We did it for liability purposes.  That way we couldn't personally be sued over anything involving these rental houses.     

@Lipstickdiva   It seems an unusual thing to do, though, for a property that you are planning to make into your own home.  Although as others have suggested, she may be renting out the stables and using much of the home for her business.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

Yes even the attorney I worked for bought several rental homes and started a separate Corporation for those homes.   Before he passed away we had the family lawfirm, the corporation for his private aviation company and the corporation for the rentals.  Some days I had way too many hats on my head when I came to work.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

A lot of people seem to have Veteran's Day confused with Independence Day.  The Fourth of July is not about the military.

@Kachina624 

you remember that childhood song "but, can she bake a cherry pie, billy boy, billy boy, can she bake a cherry pie, charming Billy".

QVC Customer Care

**Closed for commenting**