Respected Contributor

Re: LR donating proceeds of sales to veterans

@MaryLamb wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I don't care what Lisa donates to ,and I don't doubt her honesty. I do question why someone constantly  advertises this person, every time she sneezes

They do not post like any other poster on this site. They only come here to advertise Lisa's website

There used to be some guy that was involved in beauty products that did this stuff. I can't recall their name ,but, they got banned for doing it.

This poster never interacts with anyone, they just stir and run

@cherry  It’s prettty simple. He/She is a provocateur. His purpose is to expose people’s weaknesses, and he does that here by showing how people can really feel about a total stranger who’s never done them wrong. This thread is the best so far, because it shows how people will even go out of their way to find a reason to criticize those who give to charities. Provocateurs hold up a mirror to society and say, “not so pretty, huh?” 

And exactly what is the point of that????

Valued Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I don't care what Lisa donates to ,and I don't doubt her honesty. I do question why someone constantly  advertises this person, every time she sneezes

They do not post like any other poster on this site. They only come here to advertise Lisa's website

There used to be some guy that was involved in beauty products that did this stuff. I can't recall their name ,but, they got banned for doing it.

This poster never interacts with anyone, they just stir and run

@cherry  It’s prettty simple. He/She is a provocateur. His purpose is to expose people’s weaknesses, and he does that here by showing how people can really feel about a total stranger who’s never done them wrong. This thread is the best so far, because it shows how people will even go out of their way to find a reason to criticize those who give to charities. Provocateurs hold up a mirror to society and say, “not so pretty, huh?” 

And exactly what is the point of that????

@Ladybug724  They consider themselves artists. 

Super Contributor

I guess no one has figured out that the posters that start the threads are either associates of Lisa's or it is her, they are all designed to get business- it is true she does not disclose the amount she gives to the charities after she asks people to buy her stuff, secondly she is not going to disclose the where abouts of her new house to her tribe as they keep requesting however the farm she bought has been well publized in publications in PA- why she needs something that big is crazy, her old house is not for sale- I think her business is barely hanging on and with the sudden departure of one of her employees the whole thing is just suspect to me

Honored Contributor

And the originator is sitting back, laughing all the way to the next thread or bank.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@tansy not your place to say.

Contributor

If LR was so concerned about stalkers she would have put a stop to this person posting threads like this about her like she has done on other websites. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Since the mods are so opposed to inappropriate, argumentative posts, I  dont know why they dont just ****** all of the LR posts in the bud.  They're totally non-productive and mostly disolve into disagreement.

The only one causing the arguments are the people that just can't help themselves by getting involved in something they have no interest whatsoever in.  The OPs post are not argumentative at all.  Why should he/she be banned for what others do.

Super Contributor

Jonnysbro what you write is it written in stone?   

Your game doesn't work anymore.  You're really a hater.   You only light up  the forum to get negative posts about your idol.   

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

So here's my problem with her donating "all the proceeds" from today's sales.  There does not seem to be any legal definition of "proceeds"-- it can be gross profits, net profits, or presumably something else.   

Lisa Robertson has been less than transparent when it comes to her charitable donations, so I'm making an educated guess that she's "donating" net profits.  Anyone who has been following her little business can conclude that it's a hobby and she's operating at a loss* -- so net profits are zero, i.e., no donation.

Her followers would do better donating directly to the charities.

*Same handful of followers buying small quantities of Big Lots- quality "goods."  "Italian Villa" property was in no way purchased with money from her sofa shopping channel.

Respected Contributor

I have to say that if LR was so transparent she would allow constructive criticism of her products on her site.

She would also state the amount that was raised for the charities she says she is sending a donation.  I would think if nothing else, that would be something to brag about. 

I have seen someone make remarks about an item they purchased.  The remarks were not demeaning; however, they did point out flaws in a product.  The answer was to call customer service and poof! the remark was deleted. 

Oftentimes comments are made on this board and lo and behold it is addressed on LR's FB page.  Either JB works for her or is her or LR follows the comments when she sees a post by JB -- who knows?  However, I now suspect LR will post a figure in the next day or so because it is known how people feel.  Time will tell.