Valued Contributor

It's quite evident in the warehouse pic Lisa did major altering not only to herself but also all the others. Nancy especially does not look like that in other pics I've seen of her! She is definitely an older gal and has her share of lines & wrinkles that are clearly erased in that pic to make her appear years younger.

Why oh why does Lisa do all this Facetuning??? It's like she wants to make herself appear of the same ages as the young girls that are helping out. Just be who you are for crying out loud. I would have much more respect for her. 

Esteemed Contributor

@iTalia wrote:

It's quite evident in the warehouse pic Lisa did major altering not only to herself but also all the others. Nancy especially does not look like that in other pics I've seen of her! She is definitely an older gal and has her share of lines & wrinkles that are clearly erased in that pic to make her appear years younger.

Why oh why does Lisa do all this Facetuning??? It's like she wants to make herself appear of the same ages as the young girls that are helping out. Just be who you are for crying out loud. I would have much more respect for her. 

I agree.  It's pretty childish and shallow for a grown woman to be so obsessed with physical perfection.  If I had a teenage daughter who did this so consistently, I would be trying to teach her some lessons about the values in life that truly matter.

Honored Contributor

I may be doing Katie a disservice. It's been my assumption since the face smearing began that it was Katie doing it because it started right after Lisa started talking about Katie and posting pics of her, and Lisa called Katie her personal assistant. FB and other media is typically part of what an assistant would take care of for a celebrity (muahaha).

But at times the photo manipulation is so badly done that I would think that someone who has done PR previously (which she has) would be doing better than that - it's embarrassing. So maybe Lisa does do her own.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

A person in the pubic is scrutinized right, left and center.  If LR doesn't want her age publicized or people commenting on her love life, getting a dog or having a child then she is definitely in the wrong business.

Even in the days when the only outlet for this kind of gossip were magazines in the supermarket.... it was ALL out there! It's even worse now with Facebook, Twitter et al.  To expect people to back off is totally unrealistic and will never happen....  All she can hope for is that people will lose interest in her age, a dog or even a future child.... but wait a minute, that would mean the public no longer cares about her and she probably doesn't want that!!

i dont find it right, but if someone chooses to comment on her age, her weight, her looks, her having a baby, or her getting a dog then SHE has every right to delete those posts as she sees fit on her own facebook page or website. if THEY want to stop following then that is their choice.

magazines and gossip sites and customer forums are a different story. there are other ways to deal with those if she so chooses.

Do you really think she's important enough in the larger (non-QVC) world to be mentioned in magazines and gossip sites at this stage? The very few times she was mentioned, it was only in relation to being a QVC host or, for 6 months after she left, an ex-QVC host. Now, almost 3 years after she left QVC? There are a fair amount of newer QVC shoppers who don't even know who she is. Three years is a long time to be selling from the couch in your living room.

She's not.  Even at the height of her popularity, the vast majority of non-QVC watchers had no idea who she was, and certainly had no interest in gossip abut her.

I have ONE friend who watches QVC and orders all the time.  She's up to date on the hosts and all of that.  But she is literally the only person I know who would have the slightest idea of who LR is or that she was formerly a host on QVC.

In the world of celebrity (which is the world in which I'm employed), LR is just not a celebrity at all.

@Moonchilde

i was responding to another comment which i quoted which mentioned celeb magazines in the supermarket. whether people know her or not, the comments made on her facebook page regarding babies, and pets, and age are not appropriate in my opinion unless SHE brings it up. she has every right to delete or block whatever or whoever she wants to on her own social media pages......and her followers/customers have every right to leave her page if they dont like what she does. i would say that about ANY person.....celebrity or not.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand why people follow her life so closely when they clearly don't like her. 

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

A person in the pubic is scrutinized right, left and center.  If LR doesn't want her age publicized or people commenting on her love life, getting a dog or having a child then she is definitely in the wrong business.

Even in the days when the only outlet for this kind of gossip were magazines in the supermarket.... it was ALL out there! It's even worse now with Facebook, Twitter et al.  To expect people to back off is totally unrealistic and will never happen....  All she can hope for is that people will lose interest in her age, a dog or even a future child.... but wait a minute, that would mean the public no longer cares about her and she probably doesn't want that!!

@Q4u

If people want to comment on her love life, getting a dog etc ..... fine ..... but why would they think they have to do it on HER facebook page?   Go post about it somewhere else.     Such nerve .....  and rudeness!   The OP should have known better.

Honored Contributor

@iTalia wrote:

@faeriemoon, post the pic of Lisa and the warehouse crew from 7/10. What in the world happened to her left arm?? It looks so odd. Goes to prove she never is content with the real her and how she looks. It's why I love when fans post pics of her when they meet her. Lisa looks vastly different from the pics she posts of herself. 

If you are not saying glowing comments to Lisa on her FB page about her or her products she deletes the comments

@iTalia   @Hodgemom

OMG .....   So what ????    

If someone posted something rude or snotty about YOU  on  YOUR facebook page, would you leave it there .... or delete it?    SMH       

Respected Contributor

Agree @Tinkrbl44. If people dislike Lisa so much that they must pick apart every facial feature, every body part, every endeavor, I guess they can feel free to continue to do it here.... if it makes them feel better.....but to do it on her FB page? Are you kidding me?

Seriously, though, I don't understand why so many care if Lisa is sensitive about her age, or if she tunes her photos, or what she chooses to do with her time, to warrant these repetitive critical threads. What's it to you?

Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@Agree @Tinkrbl44. If people dislike Lisa so much that they must pick apart every feature, every body part, every endeavor, I guess they can feel free to continue to do it here.... if it makes them feel better.....but to do it on her FB page? Are you kidding me?

Seriously, though, I don't understand why so many care if Lisa is sensitive about her age, or if she tunes her photos, or what she chooses to do with her time, to warrant these repetitive critical threads. What's it to you?

A bunch of aging mean girls taking shots.

Super Contributor

Lisa has every right to delete what she doesn't like. It is her FB and "her community".  She will make sure her followers continue to see her in the best light (literally) so she can continue to sell, sell, sell. Every picture ( and there are now hundreds) are unrealistic, glam shots so her tribe can continue to adore her.  She is selling Christmas items that are overpriced and in MHO  are garage sale worthy. the tribe will buy whatever she tells them is absolutely, absolutely beautiful and pieces that she loves, loves loves.