Super Contributor

Re: LOWER prices due to COVID?

@GenXmuse @stevieb @ahoymate @Porcelain @suzyQ3 

Thanks for your replies.  I totally forgot that airfare decreased b/c I’m not traveling. Also, forgot about auto ins. Refunds.  I thought that big sales (ala Christmas) on retail clothing etc woul occur... but not that did not happen 

Honored Contributor

Definitely lower airfares but who wants to fly now??  Some incentives on cruises for 2021/2022.  But restaurants are adding a "surcharge" to their bills.  A mixed bag for sure.  But expecting prices to go up across the board once this virus is over.

Super Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Actually, what I seem to be seeing are overall higher prices and some obvious price gouging... It appears businesses know a captive audience faced with routine shortages when they see one... Gracious of them, isn't it...

That is horrible Re: price gauging

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Groceries are higher priced right now. I was just in Kroger yesterday, and they still have shortages of some things. Plenty of toilet paper....but no EZ Mac, no ketchup, bananas, or lunch meats of any kind. Weird!  Each time I go, shelves are empty for different things, but toilet paper, paper towels, etc. still well-stocked. Clorox wipes are still not anywhere I have found.

Esteemed Contributor

All I have done since March is pickup grocery.  Those prices are sure not going down.

Honored Contributor

Groceries cost more because more people are buying more groceries to eat at home. Supply meets demand....prices go up.

Honored Contributor

New Jersey gas tax to rise by nearly 10 cents, will rank among highest in nation.

Will take effect on Oct. 1, due to lower fuel consumption trends that have been "exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic."

faint.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Groceries have been higher, gasoline & insurance lower. Made my 14th QVC purchase last Friday. I try to buy TSV's, Big Deals and As Is. Face it, QVC doesn't offer any great deals.

Esteemed Contributor

Many online stores are offering great sales; Talbots and Lands end come to mind.

Esteemed Contributor

I havne't noticed anything but fuel either, but I'm not really going anywhere. It seems like groceries and household goods haven't changed here. 

What has changed is we are now going back to not being able to buy somethings in the stores, they just don't seem to have stuff in stock. Pleanty of toilet paper and paper towels though.