Super Contributor

Hi ALL,

Have you seen lower prices on ANYTHING due to COVID resulting in loss wages/jobs?

The only item that I have seen decrease significantly was fuel...of course that’s when everyone was staying at home.  Also, I think interest rates on homes have declined.

I have not noticed any significant price lowering on food or clothing.

What have you noticed? 

Respected Contributor

Re: LOWER prices due to COVID?

Airfares are significantly lower than normal right now. I just purchased tickets for 2 different round trips to my beach place for less than I would normally pay for 1. When demand drops, so does price. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Mortgage rates have steadily decreased before the pandemic, with a big decrease 9/1/19, when I initiated an application to refinance my house.  I believe there was another early in this year.

Gas seems to down some but everything else seems to be on the rise.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

With all the loops that businesses must go through now, I didn't expect lower prices, quite the opposite.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

@suzyQ3  Interesting because I thought prices what be lower to capture more business & Sales in a weak economy

Honored Contributor

For a while software companies were giving "stay at home" and "working from home" discounts. Adobe had a great one for a while.

Big Fish games still has some free games available. Good ones, not just outdated ones. (And I discovered that they count towards your punchcard for a free game! Download all of them and you can get a copuon code for a free non-collectors edition game of your choice. Shhh. Loophole!)

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Car insurance gave their customers a break ~15% credit -depending on your particular insurer.

Honored Contributor

Geico gave us 15% off car insurance, gas prices have come down and less driving over all has kept that cost lower than normal. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Actually, what I seem to be seeing are overall higher prices and some obvious price gouging... It appears businesses know a captive audience faced with routine shortages when they see one... Gracious of them, isn't it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

That depends on what it is. Some things cost more, some less and some stay the same price. A lot has to do with the price of fuel. Lower price of fuel translates to lower price of the products delivered.