Trusted Contributor

Re: LOVE THOSE DOTS OBSESSION/Pics

Personally, I despise "dots". Won't have any in my house and I loathe polka-dot clothing, etc. Always have since early childhood and I still do today these many decades later.

They really bother me! Silly, I know but just can't stand them, Remind me of clown clothing.

Honored Contributor

@redhead65  Come to think of it... I do not own polka-dots either!  Not sure if I would ever wear them!  I like to look at pictures of them, tho!  LOL

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

Yes, looking at them is fine! I think my mother and grandmother had something to do with my dislike of polka dots. Maybe they wore them a lot or tried to make me wear them ? Just don't remember the root cause of my repulsion, silly I know.

Kind of like not liking a certain food I think!  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@redhead65  It's not silly!  For some reason, I think of red fabric blouses and hair tied up in red with HUGE polka-dots... not a pretty sight!

Had a navy blue turtleneck with tiny dots ... just wasn't "me."

Isn't it strange how you gravitate to certain things to wear or to own in your house, but you really never thought about "why?"  I know that when I picture the polka-dot scenario depected above, I think of "I Love Lucy."  Don't want to look like that... I mean, really!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh my goodness, you are so right !  It is Lucy in that get up, lol !!!!

It is something from that era, isn't it ? Funny how strongly a childhood memory can affect you as an adult, especially on something so insignificant in real life, lol !!

Isn't it Susan Graver who does a lot of blouses in polka dots ???

Thanks for that "picture" memory. Now I do love her !!!!  Heart