Esteemed Contributor

Re: LOUSY IMAGING CENTERS ALL OVER MY AREA. I had no idea this was so prevalent.

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Mombo1  DH had an MRI last summer.After 15 in the tube they told him the machine was malfunctioning & they sent him to another location 30 minutes away!! When he got to that location he had to wait an hour. He then spent 40 minutes in the tube!! He was shaken up for days afterwards.
  Based on all the stories I've heard I will never go for one. I would have a nervous breakdown in that tube.

They can give a sedative to help calm and relax, and in some cases, knock you out completely. Depends on the situation.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: LOUSY IMAGING CENTERS ALL OVER MY AREA. I had no idea this was so prevalent.

I just found out that my husband had no place to sit so he just sat on the floor!

At least he was inside in the AC.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I just found out that my husband had no place to sit so he just sat on the floor!

Unacceptable.  Isn't there someplace to report this place?  

Honored Contributor

The place I had my last MRI at was a joke. The office looked nice but when you got back to where the tech does the MRI it was not that nice. Neither was the person that administered it. The only reason I went there is because that's where the particular doctor I went to sent me. I won't be returning.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

Unacceptable.  Isn't there someplace to report this place?  

@CelticCrafter @They didn't tell him to sit on the floor. He could have just kept standing, either inside or out. It doesn't look like the BBB has any effect on this or any other of these places. I'd like to see a good investigative journalist do an expose on all these places. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

i've had lots of MRI's and CT Scans. my first MRI was in a tube, Since then i've had tubes but mostly Open MRI scans. Open MRIs have been around since at least the 80's!!   Ask for an Open MRI!!  if you are claustrophobic don't have the test!!

i never needed xanax or valium for any sort of imaging. some do and you ask yor doctor for a script!!

i get my mind into a zone like a trance.  the worst thing for me is when i have an itch i want to scratch and you have to hold still. 

Xray techs and Imaging techs do not have to be "NICE". They are performing a very impersonal medical procedure. i don'y kniw why evertone expects hand holding at these things. They are not shrinks.

Respected Contributor

What is there to investigate? Too few seats? In my area seating is still limited and spaced out. Employees aren't friendly? I'm not there to make friends. I suspect, neither are they. Too long a wait? Well, that often comes with too few employees. Haven't we all seen the help wanted signs everywhere, complete with signing bonuses? How long do you have to wait during a doctor's appointment, even once you're in an exam room? Bring a book, relax, why raise your blood pressure over things in which you have no control.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D I figured they didn't tell him to sit on the floor, but they're overbooking if there was no place for him to sit.  Good thing I wasn't there, they would have called security on me!

Honored Contributor

This makes me even happier that we have Kaiser. I had a very positive experience getting an MRI at their hospital. The tech was very kind, and I was pleasantly surprised that it was not nearly as bad as I had expected.

I'm also pleased that when have a doctor's appointment, we never have more than a ten-minute wait.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

My Daughter is having an MRI at the Cleveland Clinic tomorrow...

Her Gastroenterologist gave her a couple pills to take that will relax her.....

Might be something to keep in mind for the future....