Trusted Contributor

Re: LOUSY IMAGING CENTERS ALL OVER MY AREA. I had no idea this was so prevalent.

@Kachina624 wrote:

Whenever I've needed a CAT scan or MRI  I've gone to the radiology department at our local hospital, a branch of the UNM Hospital.  They're fast, efficient, polite and it has always been a pleasant experience. 

@Kachina624    I had an MRI last year at the radiology dept at my local hospital as well...Worst experience ever.  Forty minutes in that tube took me over the edge.  I never realized how claustrophobic I really am.  Hopefully I will never need one again.  I know there is such a thing as an open MRI...but that was not an option.   

Honored Contributor

Re: LOUSY IMAGING CENTERS ALL OVER MY AREA. I had no idea this was so prevalent.

@Mombo1    Sounds like the problem wasn't the facility but YOU.   Many people find they're claustrophobic during a trip trough those machines.  The one at the local hospital is painted inside in such a way that, like the sky, you can't tell where its ceiling begins and ends.  That helps; anyway they don't bother me. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D , I hope everything is going smoothly today.  I always have to remind myself that people usually write reviews only when they have had bad experiences, but we never seem to write a review if we had good.  So it's probably safe to think that is why you are seeing so many bad reviews.  For anyone who has anxiety in a MRI, I didn't know how well I could fair, so I brought a simple sports headband, no metal all strechy material and put it over my eyes before they positioned me in the tube.  It worked because I wasn't tempted to open my eyes.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mombo1  DH had an MRI last summer.After 15 in the tube they told him the machine was malfunctioning & they sent him to another location 30 minutes away!! When he got to that location he had to wait an hour. He then spent 40 minutes in the tube!! He was shaken up for days afterwards.
  Based on all the stories I've heard I will never go for one. I would have a nervous breakdown in that tube.

Respected Contributor

Does your insurance company have set co-pays? They should be able to tell you what it will be.

Trusted Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Mombo1  DH had an MRI last summer.After 15 in the tube they told him the machine was malfunctioning & they sent him to another location 30 minutes away!! When he got to that location he had to wait an hour. He then spent 40 minutes in the tube!! He was shaken up for days afterwards.
  Based on all the stories I've heard I will never go for one. I would have a nervous breakdown in that tube.

@NicksmomESQ   Sorry to hear about your husband's experience.  I understand completely.  I really didn't know what to expect...so that was part of the problem.  I think the doctor should have given me more information in advance.  So for others who said that I was the problem...don't realize the lack of preparing me for this.     Had I known it was forty minutes I would never have agreed to it.  Now a I know... and I will never have it done again. That is just me.  

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

If I need imaging done I go either to the one in my medical clinic or the one at the hospital.  I would never go an an independent imaging center. I don't know how they are regulated.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

HE JUST GOT HOME. I'M RELEIVED. NOT AS BAD AS I EXPECTED. He said his co pay was $0

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT RESPONDED.💜

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Me too, I don't even like closed doors.  If I'm the only one home I don't close the bathroom door and there's no way I can sleep with the bedroom door closed.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

HE JUST GOT HOME. I'M RELEIVED. NOT AS BAD AS I EXPECTED. He said his co pay was $0

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT RESPONDED.💜

That's why I don't put much stock in reviews.

I'm glad that everything went well!☺

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.