Respected Contributor

I have not been on the forums since friday so excuse me if  I posted something that was deleted.

Honored Contributor

Cnn was interviewing a lady and her child,that poor women was just at her wits end,she let  her have it .

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

One reason people hesitate to evacuate.  

It may not be the decision you or I would make, but you can't know what you would decide until you stand in those shoes.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

A reporter saw looting from a grocery from what I have read.  People that stayed are running low on food and water may be off at this point.

Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

One reason people hesitate to evacuate.  

It may not be the decision you or I would make, but you can't know what you would decide until you stand in those shoes.

This is so true, @Drythe. How many people put their lives in danger afraid they will be looted.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

This is really sad, one of my friend's stepmom lives in one of the small Texas coastal towns.  And after everyone was evacuated the looting started......nothing was spared...Pharmacies and even Hospitals were looted....pretty sad and I hope one day the worm turns and they suffer severe consdquences.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Geez, what's up with people attacking the OP or the act of bringing up this problem?

It has been downplayed by the media up to this point, and there has been much more 'people helping people' going on and reported than any other disaster we've seen in the media in the past, but the fact remains that this is bound to happen, and as others have noted, will increase as the water recedes.

It is not 'the least of their worries' as if it isn't curbed early, it could easily become another Katrina aftermath, or worse. If it isn't reported, and if it isn't stopped, it will spread like wildfire, and make an already unfathomable situation even worse.

Honored Contributor

I was hoping that this wouldn't become a thread topic but just like years past with Katrina then Sandy looting becomes a contentious debate!

There are THOUSANDS without a home, stranded and left with NOTHING and yet horrible woulda, coulda and shouldas are brought up about looting! Most of it left to the imaginations of too much spent conjuring up the boogey man! 

Yes looting will occur but let the authorities handle it instead of people behind their computers thinking the worst. 

Speaking of looting, price gouging of basic staples by stores is on the rise!!!!!!!

May God Bless the citizens of Texas. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

I read that Best Buy in Houston was selling cases of water for $42???

SMH

Respected Contributor

I live here and have been flooded in for 5 days. Today the water finally drained off in my area. I heard on the news today that they were evacuating people from one area and fake police were going around knocking on doors telling people to evacuate so they could then loot their homes after they left. 

I try not focus on those stories but the regular people who are out there saving strangers. It shows the best in people. Of course there will always be bad people and I hope all those people get caught and punished harshly.