QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of controversial content

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

How about a news article depicting hope and all the stories of the community really coming together and helping each other,  strangers helping strangers?  I am hearing more & more of these amazing stories.  I'd much rather see these stories lift people up instead of stories of the isolated, and extremely small % of incidents of crime and looting.

Those stories are out, people rising to the occasion and helping others.  But some people only want the negative, they search for the bad and don't even see the good.

Honored Contributor

For all the news stories of people helping people ,which is so nice to see ,why even mention this.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Well I'm here and am beaming with pride as I see so many people helping others who haven't been so fortunate.  It is amazing to see the number of people who have come here from other STATES specifically to help out.  They drove from Louisiana with their boats to join in with others to rescue people out of flooded homes.  Rescuers from California are here, Ohio -- the list is endless.  This city is an example of love and hope.  I will not let what's probably an outdated story of looting become front and center in this tragedy.  It simply isn't happening.  I am so proud of my city and the surrounding areas and I'm so grateful for all of the help we are receiving from others. 

Honored Contributor

I saw a heartwarming report that someone called Mattress Mack has opened his stores to those needing shelterSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

This is the least of their problems.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate

Honored Contributor

Trash finds opportunity whenever it can.

When our historical district was almost destroyed by a flash flood (killing 2 and with many rescues by heroic people now on YouTube for the world to view), people wondered how long until the looters would be out; it was within 10 hours of the event happening. The first was caught by the owner of the shop she was stealing from. He asked her to please, do you REALLY need to steal the bottles of wine as well as the jewelry from the shop next door? She said "why not? It's for the taking and you'll get reimbursed from insurance anyway". She then ran off but was caught later that day.

Still waiting for her day in court a year later.  There will ALWAYS be those who prey during the darkest time of others. ALWAYS.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC restarting a prev deleted topic

Esteemed Contributor

@Cindy-QVC  Sorry - I didn't know I was restarting a deleted topic as this is the first time I've been here today.