Trusted Contributor

It boggles the mind how arrogant people can be - how they know better than the experts.  Young people feel invincible and think that even if they get this virus, they'll only get a mild case and work it through.  We were all young once so I can't totally blame their naivete.  BUT what about older people?  What's their problem?  They make up reasons to justify their behavior and think with all their bluster and bullying, they'll come across as being smarter than the rest of us. A neighbor told me there was a man in Walgreen's the other day waiting in line to pay for his items who yelled out that the whole thing is a (expletive) hoax.  No one challenged him.  Yes, it's people like him who are going to make this worse.  I'm in NY and I'd like to tell the people who are dismissing the seriousness of this that they are being very selfish in thinking only of themselves.  What they're really saying is they don't care if other people get sick and die. Look, no one likes any of this and yes, it's hard to restrict behavior, but what is the alternative?  

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

Well worth listening to and reading ...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/chicago-doctors-blunt-speech-about-covid-19-hit-home-across-the-co...

@SoX 

Emily Porter, MD is also excellent.  She's a Boarded ER MD. 

Sorry I don't have a link, but it's UTUBE.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

Yet there are doctors prescribing Plaquenil ( hydroxychloroquine ) for "just in case" reasons creating a shortage for patients, particularly those that suffer from lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, of much needed medication.

I'm one of the people who take it and my next refill is May 1st, will it be available to me and others who have legitimate prescriptions?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Marp wrote:

Yet there are doctors prescribing Plaquenil ( hydroxychloroquine ) for "just in case" reasons creating a shortage for patients, particularly those that suffer from lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, of much needed medication.

@Marpunfortunately a bigger deal was made about this drug as showing great promise and Dr. Fauci has had to correct that misstatement.

Misstatement...yea right.  So many misstatements by people.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Marp wrote:

I'm one of the people who take it and my next refill is May 1st, will it be available to me and others who have legitimate prescriptions?

@JaneMarple 

Hope so.  Glad it worked for you.  

I tried it for RA, and had one of the Black Box reactions.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@Marpunfortunately a bigger deal was made about this drug as showing great promise and Dr. Fauci has had to correct that misstatement.

@Lipstickdiva :  Governor Cuomo is starting to use it tomorrow in NYC for treatment.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for posting this.  I watched but felt like I was being scolded and I am staying in and "doing nothing."  

Respected Contributor

AFAIC, when it comes to assistance, states who fail to order beaches and restaurants closed (except takeout) and ban gatherings, period, should take a back seat to states that have acted responsibly in responding to this health emergency. IOW, Florida goes to the end of the list when it comes to government handouts of masks, ventilators, etc.--provided any materialize. There have to be consequences for official as well as individual irresponsibility, and it seems eminently unfair for scarce resources to be siphoned off to serve the needs of people who deliberately gambled so they could keep the cash flowing and the fun going.

I also think businesses that are flouting the governor's orders, like the woman in Pittsburgh who's keeping her gym open, should be arrested and their workplaces shuttered by the local health department, their business licenses revoked. Until that happens, people will continue to spread this virus and we will all suffer as a result of the selfishness and greed of a few. Or a few too many.