Honored Contributor

Just another hit piece on a successful woman.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: LISA'S JEWERLY

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

Two things make jewelry "worth it" for me.

One is obviously intrinsic value -  would I be able to sell the piece or its parts later and make a profit.  With the exception of my engagement ring, I have never owned a piece of jewelry with good intrinsic value --and that includes the gold I sold when gold prices were high.  I would still have been better off putting that money into other investments.

So that brings me to my second value -  do I like the piece and expect to wear it enough.  That's the real jewelry value for me -- and I've had that value from my favorites in gold and diamonds, I've had that value from artisan designed jewelry even more expensive than my gold and diamonds, and I've had that value from cheap strands of beads purchased at thrift shops.

Each of us has to know what makes something worthwhile to us.  Will Lisa's rough diamonds be worth it to me.  If they turn out to have jewelry value to me, the answer is maybe.  I do not expect they will have enough intrinsic value to make them any kind of investment for me.  I just haven't seen that working for me --and because I'm already old, nothing in jewelry is likely to increase enough to make me money.  I'd just have to want to wear them.

Excellent points.  I have too much jewerly now and like I said, I am a "jewerly snob" and only like the real things.  I have alot of Jacqueline Kennedy jewerly and a few pieces of Nolan Miller and Joan Rivers, but I am not in the market to buy anything unless I know I want to wear it and unless I know it is a "steal of a deal".

I must be more of a "jewelry snob" than you because I don't consider 'Kennedy' jewelry or Nolan Miller or Joan Rivers jewelry "real things".  

Real to me is real stones in real gold.

I've bought jewelry from *others* such as Raquel Welch and Cristina Ferrare.  Neither known for jewelry, but really pretty designs using really nice (genuine) gemstones and real 14K and 18K gold.

So if Lisa has some pretty jewelry, I'd take a look and seriously consider.  Who is safe on the Internet anymore?  Hackers everywhere.  It's your credit cards and computer that need the protection.

I'm not a member of fb, but would hit *like* on lots of what she has to say, and do.  

She doesn't come across to me as someone who's mean, angry, spiteful, jealous, passive-aggressive, and probably wouldn't comment on your bangs publicly.

I didn't say Jacqueline Kennedy, Nolan Miller was real jewelry!  I just happened to mention I do have a few of their pieces of jewerly in addition to my real jewelry!

I like LISA and wish her well!  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@cater wrote:

Read everyone of the posts and 95% were criticism of Lisa and her thoughts and ideas. Sure is a pity instead of saying something nice you find every thing about her to knock. From not holding her head correct, her eye brows, her clothing, her hair, her jewelery. Really don't think you have any use for her at all.  Me I wish her the best in what ever she decides to do and hope she never ever runs out of money so that she can continue to live the life style she has been living. As far as her money she earned every penny of it her self no one got out of bed and showed up at QVC to do her hours but Lisa.

It did appear the thread was started as a positive, but each subsequent post by the OP just seemed to go in the wrong direction.  Seems pretty intentional to me. 

Lucky Charm, I wanted to know about Lisa's jewelry and what people knew of rough diamonds!  Also if people thought it would be safe to order from her website!  What is wrong that?  Geez!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: With all the viruses, hacking, etc., I just would be afra...

[ Edited ]

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

What is the real point of this thread? lol

If it is okay with you, I wanted to know about rough diamonds that is in Lisa's jewelry.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

Just another hit piece on a successful woman.

I know there are criticisms on every thread!  I like LISA and was interested in what rough diamonds were.  

Okay carry on everybody!  Have a wonderful day!

Esteemed Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@cater wrote:

Read everyone of the posts and 95% were criticism of Lisa and her thoughts and ideas. Sure is a pity instead of saying something nice you find every thing about her to knock. From not holding her head correct, her eye brows, her clothing, her hair, her jewelery. Really don't think you have any use for her at all.  Me I wish her the best in what ever she decides to do and hope she never ever runs out of money so that she can continue to live the life style she has been living. As far as her money she earned every penny of it her self no one got out of bed and showed up at QVC to do her hours but Lisa.

It did appear the thread was started as a positive, but each subsequent post by the OP just seemed to go in the wrong direction.  Seems pretty intentional to me. 

Lucky Charm, I wanted to know about Lisa's jewerly and what people knew of rough diamonds!  Also if people thought it would be safe to order from her website!  What is wrong that?  Geez!

@shell garden@Lucky Charm- absolutely nothing.  The thread started out positive and innocuous but went in a different direction.  I am not a fan of Lisa's but not a "hater" either.  But, if you put yourself out there to the degree that Lisa does, you can expect criticism and I am sure she can deal with it.  She made a good salary, is self sufficient and does what makes her happy at this point in her life.  She isn't hurting anyone, in fact she makes her loyal fans feel apart of her life.  Let's face it they are!   She is a very polarizing figure for some reason? 

Respected Contributor

Re: With all the viruses, hacking, etc., I just would be afra...

@shell garden wrote:

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

What is the real point of this thread? lol

If it is okay with you, I wanted to know about rough diamonds that is in Lisa's jewerly!  

lol

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shell garden wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@cater wrote:

Lucky Charm, I wanted to know about Lisa's jewerly and what people knew of rough diamonds!  Also if people thought it would be safe to order from her website!  What is wrong that?  Geez!

Right from the start, you're questioning whether she designed them or is selling them for someone else.  Wouldn'tt make a bit of difference to me, as long as I liked the pieces.

You're also forecasting a decline in sales as you give figures for numbers of posts she gets on her website and compares her facebook popularity to Alberti.  (Her friend, who you "love".)

And you're "surprised" because you haven't seen "ONE picture or post of her visting with Judith Ripka".  So what?

And if you're worried about returns and reimbursements, maybe cash purchases locally would be better for you.

Laughing along with SeaHag just shows what you're really like.

Esteemed Contributor

lucky charm, lol!  Think what you want!  I am interested in her things, in fact, I have alot of GILI designs and almost all of her Christmas items she offered!  And I love ever one of them!  Someone mentioned Judith ripka designing with her and I just simply stated it was surprising that as many times as LISA went to new York, there was never a mention of Judith!  I love both Alberti and I love LISA and miss her madly!  I was also commenting how little time Alberti has been here, his likes on his FB page are more than Lisa's which surprised me!  It was just a statement!  There were no criticisms, just friendly observations!  But of course, I do have to remember, some people do make a mountain out of a mole hill!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@cater wrote:

Right from the start, you're questioning whether she designed them or is selling them for someone else.  Woulnd't make a bit of difference to me, as long as I liked the peices.

You're also forcasting a decline in sales as you give figures for numbers of posts she gets on her website and compares her facebook popularity to Alberti.  (Her friend, who you "love".)

And you're "surprised" because you haven't seen "ONE picture or post of her visting with Judith Ripka".  So what?

And if you're worried about returns and reimbursements, maybe cash purchases locally would be better for you.

Laughing along with SeaHag just shows what you're really like.

@Lucky Charm- I didn't view it as negative....it was just an opinion as to if it would be successful, the nature of the gems and she said she would be reluctant to buy from an unsecure website.  I love Alberti too; so do many others so does Lisa, lol....you can like more than one person at a time....others comments were personal and negative not the OP's.  People are so thin skinned when it comes to Lisa?