Esteemed Contributor

Re: LISA ROBERTSON.....BACK ON TV.....YAY!

@MandyG06 wrote:

There was something extraordinarily special about Lisa's Holiday Specials. I could watch them for hours. I wish she would come back, although I love the hosts we have now!

AWWWWW man, ain't that the truth.  I spent WAY too much on Lisa's holiday decor, but I absolutely LOVE them.

It would be wonderful if Lisa came back as a vendor selling her items.......hope that might happen in the future, just saying Q......

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

I think Lisa quit QVC because she wanted to have  a life while she was still young enough to enjoy it.  She was always working or on an out of town gig for QVC so when did she have time for any kind of life outside work? Most of us don't like to work past five days a work because it cuts into our time off  and can't  enjoy anything else. I wish her success and happiness as I would anyone else.

EXCELLENT POINT.......I think so too.  She worked her tail off.

Trusted Contributor

I don't think Lisa needs to come back...she looks so wonderful and is living a full life. If she was working at QVC she had to work nights, weekends and holidays. Now she is free to do as she likes and on her own terms. She seems to have a loyal group of friends and a loving family. Glad she is able to enjoy herself:-)
Honored Contributor

I imagine an infomercial isn't what she wanted when she left the Q but I wish her well.  At least she'll be bringing in money and not working very long hours.

Valued Contributor

Put yourself in her place and know that a stalker can get a pretty good idea when you are going to or leaving work by looking at a program schedule on the Internet. He also knows when you are not at home because you are on live tv. 

In in filmed infomercials this knowledge cannot exist. She was not a celebrity. She was a salesperson who happened to work on live television. She gave up a lot to leave her friends and coworkers but gained a greater degree of personal safety. 

Best of luck to her in anything she does. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

She can join Regis and Joy Philbin and Debra Norville and Kiran Chetry and "Chef" Daniel Green others on the "Infomercial Circuit".

Wow!!!!

Super Contributor

I agree completely! She wanted a financial stake in GILI, because they were her "designs" after all. QVC said no, she threatened to walk, they still denied her demands. Essentially they called her bluff so she had no choice but to leave. It doesn't pay to be a prima dona.
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

interesting article on infomercials and why they can be highly lucrative.

the investment can pay off: A 1999 study found that the use of celebrities in DRTV spots could result in a 20 percent lift in response rates. And celebrity partnership deals can be struck inexpensively if the brand uses a deferred payment structure. Companies often pay celebrities in equity and/or royalties on unit sales, avoiding up-front costs at the possible expense of long-term margins.

http://theweek.com/articles/454561/lucrative-secret-behind-infomercials

Is she a celebrity? The only people who know of her are the people who watched her here and now what's left of her "tribe".

Respected Contributor

Yes, Patty Riley was the other name I should have added to the list of those on the "Infomercial Circuit".

Honored Contributor

@sunchild wrote:
I agree completely! She wanted a financial stake in GILI, because they were her "designs" after all. QVC said no, she threatened to walk, they still denied her demands. Essentially they called her bluff so she had no choice but to leave. It doesn't pay to be a prima dona.

@sunchild  How do you know this?  Do yo have any documentation of this?