Esteemed Contributor

Re: LISA ROBERTSON.....BACK ON TV.....YAY!

Infomercial!!!!! ... LOL!!!! ...... it's official, she is a "has-been" ..... I really expected more from her than this .... I guess wherever  the money comes from is what matters!!!!

Honored Contributor

That is the route Lisa's buddy Patty R. who left the Q prior to Lisa went....infomercials for calista hair tool.......that went no where. Lisa can not seem to get a REAL job....thus why she is so scattered everywhere  trying to make a buck.....amounting to nothing. Mid aged, and looking it, not very desireble anymore. 

Honored Contributor

I wish LR all the best. 😃

Esteemed Contributor

wow...an infomercial....that is something I would do only to pay the bills...

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

That is the route Lisa's buddy Patty R. who left the Q prior to Lisa went....infomercials for calista hair tool.......that went no where. Lisa can not seem to get a REAL job....thus why she is so scattered everywhere  trying to make a buck.....amounting to nothing. Mid aged, and looking it, not very desireble anymore. 

@SeaMaiden:  Nobody on this forum really knows what Lisa has or doesn't have as far as financial security.  You don't know whether she can get a real job or not.  Maybe she is so well off she can pick and choose what she does, experimenting until she finds that "niche" for her.  Good for her. I find it harsh for you to say that she's looking her age and not very desirable anymore.  Come on, let's support each other in every stage of our lives.  I believe she is a beautiful woman and still has many years ahead of her to live out the most productive life she can.  No, I am not a follower but wish the ugliness would stop.  She's moved on and some other people need to also. JMHO

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I will never be able to understand why anyone would have such anger and jealousy about someone on TV (especially) and someone none of you even knows.

I enjoyed watching Lisa.  I thought (at times) she was funny.  I didn't think she took herself seriously.  Most of the models (who worked so closely with her) seemed to really like her.

Why wouldn't she get back to work?  Where would someone expect her to work?  Should she start a computer business?  Look, this is in a field she obviously knows about, so why not work in it?

I'll never understand females (and I'm one).  Why is it that some would just as soon stab another woman in the back as look at her.  Think about it.  Can you imagine another male saying that about a male he saw on TV (whom he didn't even know)?

I've never had that problem but I would think there is a pressure when you are attractive everyone expects you to always be attractive and there is a lot of pressure.  

I have a daughter who was always told she was beautiful bla bla and I spent all of my time telling her there was more to her than her looks.  I have to wonder if Lisa hasn't had to deal with something like that most of her life.  She was a beauty queen.

Come on ladies, for goodness sakes!  Why can't everyone be happy for her?  I know she's always like Dr. Denese's products and often talked about going to her office in New York.

I use Dr. Denese's products and I love them.  If Lisa genuinely liked their products, it maybe made the decision easier for her to make the infomercial.  Besides, we don't know.  Perhaps she was given the go-ahead to direct it or have some creative part in it and this would be another avenue she might want to go into.

Just saying.....

ANNABELLE .....The post of the year, IMO.  Wonderful, heartfelt comments to all women.  It should be supporting each other, especially when they are trying to do good in their life, have a successful career and home life and doesn't seem to want to hurt a fly.  Thank you and God Bless.

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze   yes that's Jacque.

I was trying to find a picture with Lisa and Patti.

The good old days.

Honored Contributor

I just hope that infomercial isn't played as often as the "My Pillow" guy.  Yikes!  That guy must have quite the advertising budget!!!!  All those TV spots, plus an infomercial (I think), plus all the print ads, and even radio!  And he's not even a "celebrity"!!!!!!  (Oh, and i believe he has a TSV coming up soon on QVC).

Good luck to LR.  I never cared to watch her, but I wish her no ill will.

Honored Contributor

I cannot remember if when Lisa decided to leave was there new management at QVC? Otherwise, I am a bit surprised in her new ventures and thought they would be more connected to Manhattan with some contacts she made when she was working at the Q.

Just goes to show, never second guess anyone. Apparently, she is content in what she is doing and maybe less work is comforting after all those years with QVC.

I always wish her well. She is a talented lady and was my favorite host at QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Shell Garden--I'm so happy you're so happy YAY!

I hope you are being nice, which I sure you are, Lucky Charm....so, I will say thank you.  I hope you have a wonderful day.