Trusted Contributor

Re: LISA ROBERTSON.....BACK ON TV.....YAY!

I think that is great for her. This allows her to work in a field she has experience in and probably gives her a lot more flexibility to still travel, work less hours and still make a comfortable living. I don't think it's a step down at all as someone inferred. I am not sure she had it made at QVC, as I don't know anything about what it is like to work for them....I never assume anything.
Trusted Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

As I stated on another thread, she should have stayed at the Q, she was in her element.

You are so right.  She was a big fish in a little pond at QVC, which I feel is indeed her "element."  However, now she seems to just be someone who is desperate to be back on television in any way she can.  Pretty sad if you ask me.

Regular Contributor

She travels the globe, looks happier than ever in her pics, is gorgeous, has numerous loyal friends, is doing infomercials, has a successful jewelry line, an awesome family she sees very regularly, vacations all the time to places I could only dream of.. and thats a bad thing??  I don't get you people.

Honored Contributor

interesting article on infomercials and why they can be highly lucrative.

the investment can pay off: A 1999 study found that the use of celebrities in DRTV spots could result in a 20 percent lift in response rates. And celebrity partnership deals can be struck inexpensively if the brand uses a deferred payment structure. Companies often pay celebrities in equity and/or royalties on unit sales, avoiding up-front costs at the possible expense of long-term margins.

http://theweek.com/articles/454561/lucrative-secret-behind-infomercials

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

"Alright Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my closeup".

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

Ahh, the infomercial route.   It was inevitable.  Lol

I just posted in beauty on a thread that was started about this.

I am rather shocked.  She is going the way of so many ex shopping channel hosts.  I thought she would do so much more. 

Maybe next she will be the vendor rep for Dr. Denese's line on QVC. 

Lipstick.....I am sorry.  I didn't see your thread in beauty.  I think Lisa may be doing this for her friend Dr. D.  and I am sure she is getting paid for this.  But, Lisa is so good on TV that I am glad she is at least doing this.

Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

Who watches informercials? Especially the hours that they're shown on television?

Well, that is awfully early, lol.  It's all good.

Valued Contributor

My mom saw her on GMA and got the impression LR left QVC b/c she had a stalker.  And I'm sure there is a non-compete agreement for at least 1 yr.

Honored Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

Ahh, the infomercial route.   It was inevitable.  Lol

I just posted in beauty on a thread that was started about this.

I am rather shocked.  She is going the way of so many ex shopping channel hosts.  I thought she would do so much more. 

Maybe next she will be the vendor rep for Dr. Denese's line on QVC. 

Lipstick.....I am sorry.  I didn't see your thread in beauty.  I think Lisa may be doing this for her friend Dr. D.  and I am sure she is getting paid for this.  But, Lisa is so good on TV that I am glad she is at least doing this.

I didn't start the thread in beauty.  I just responded on it.  But even if I had, no biggie.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:
I think that is great for her. This allows her to work in a field she has experience in and probably gives her a lot more flexibility to still travel, work less hours and still make a comfortable living. I don't think it's a step down at all as someone inferred. I am not sure she had it made at QVC, as I don't know anything about what it is like to work for them....I never assume anything.

Wonderful and positive post.  Thank you NativeJax!