Trusted Contributor

Re: LISA ROBERTSON.....BACK ON TV.....YAY!

Sweetee2                 You ladies are forgetting she left the Q. because she had a Stocker and she thought her life was in danger. Her last post said that he had followed her  to the movies and said he knew she had popcorn.   I miss her terribly, a specialy her Christmas shows. But, I understand why she left.

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

As I stated on another thread, she should have stayed at the Q, she was in her element.

LOL, I'm beginning to think more & more, she was "fired" from the Q rather than left on her own, JMHO!

Funny she is on a infocommercial, didn't Patti Riley do that too for awhile, and never to be heard from again!

Her jewelry line is ugly!

Esteemed Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

As I stated on another thread, she should have stayed at the Q, she was in her element.

Considering all the complaints about over-talkative, hyper, in your face. rude, juvenile hosts, the total opposite of Lisa, perhaps she would rather leave and take her chances than capitulate to the direction TPTB dictated and present herself as something she is not.  Her "element" no longer fit the environment.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

interesting article on infomercials and why they can be highly lucrative.

the investment can pay off: A 1999 study found that the use of celebrities in DRTV spots could result in a 20 percent lift in response rates. And celebrity partnership deals can be struck inexpensively if the brand uses a deferred payment structure. Companies often pay celebrities in equity and/or royalties on unit sales, avoiding up-front costs at the possible expense of long-term margins.

http://theweek.com/articles/454561/lucrative-secret-behind-infomercials

She's not a celebrity

Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

"Alright Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my closeup".

Honored Contributor

LR been away from QVC  since December 2014. She can go to another shopping channel now. Her friend Patti did an infomercial.  What is she doing now?

Esteemed Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

LOL, I'm beginning to think more & more, she was "fired" from the Q rather than left on her own, JMHO!

Funny she is on a infocommercial, didn't Patti Riley do that too for awhile, and never to be heard from again!

I think Patti did do infomercials, but has anyone heard anything about her lately?  I like Lisa's jewelry, I just don't need anything right now. 

Respected Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

Ahh, the infomercial route.   It was inevitable.  Lol

I just posted in beauty on a thread that was started about this.

I am rather shocked.  She is going the way of so many ex shopping channel hosts.  I thought she would do so much more. 

Maybe next she will be the vendor rep for Dr. Denese's line on QVC. 

Lipstick.....I am sorry.  I didn't see your thread in beauty.  I think Lisa may be doing this for her friend Dr. D.  and I am sure she is getting paid for this.  But, Lisa is so good on TV that I am glad she is at least doing this.

Of course she's getting paid.

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@colliegirls wrote:

I don't think she was fired. I believe LR did not get what she wanted. (more $ or a piece of the gili line etc.)  I don't think she wanted to leave , but didn't want to settle. So she left. That's why she doesn't have a plan.

Respected Contributor

Does a taped infocommercial warrant calling it "back on TV"?

I taped a commerical for my business then PBS did a segment on me for one of their regional shows, so I guess I could of been "Back on TV too!"