Respected Contributor

Re: LISA ROBERTSON.....BACK ON TV.....YAY!

Hmmm, here I've been thinking all these years that HSN, QVC, & Evine are all infomercials.  I'm sure there are others on cable, too.

Honored Contributor

Maybe an infomercial now and then is preferable to the daily grind of  a regular job.

She seems to have a nice life, and the ones left behind  at QVC seem a little desperate sometimes. Who knows??

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

you don't  leave TV because you have a stalker and post every movement of your life on Face Book

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

interesting article on infomercials and why they can be highly lucrative.

the investment can pay off: A 1999 study found that the use of celebrities in DRTV spots could result in a 20 percent lift in response rates. And celebrity partnership deals can be struck inexpensively if the brand uses a deferred payment structure. Companies often pay celebrities in equity and/or royalties on unit sales, avoiding up-front costs at the possible expense of long-term margins.

http://theweek.com/articles/454561/lucrative-secret-behind-infomercials

She's not a celebrity

that is probably a matter of opinion. she has plenty of fans out there.....not to mention plenty of fans of dr denese and her skincare line.

there are plenty of former hosts that have done these types of things and my guess is is that there is plenty of money to be had if the line sells well.

the good thing about doing an infomercial.....you do it once and then reap the rewards if there are some to be had. no long term commitment for lisa.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Promoting a skincare line from a Doctor whose had so much plastic surgery her face looks like a mask  -  Something to be proud of .....................

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

i would give you ten hearts for your post if i could!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

As I stated on another thread, she should have stayed at the Q, she was in her element.

I will admit I only enjoyed her in the Christmas decor shows, as I don't buy or watch fashion/beauty on Q, but she really was in her element on Q. 

I'm sure she had many reasons for wanting to move on, but it seems to me she left a pretty sweet deal, and one that she was really good at.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

What skin care do  you use?  I use Dr. Denese and I have almost no wrinkles.  I turn 70 this year.  It's a combination of a lot of things.  

I see on TV now where there are many other things that can be done to the skin that doesn't require plastic surgery.  I'm sure Dr. D is up on all of them and uses them in her practice.  I'm not saying anyone should use her products, I am saying because she looks good doesn't mean she's been cut......don't you want TV?

Besides, we live in an age where if someone wants to have plastic surgery and they have the money, why not?  It's none of our business.  When you look at those beautiful young models all of those vendors are smearing stuff on them, do you expect to look like them?  If you do, I have some swamp land I'll sell you.

My point is, Dr D is selling a wish, a hope, just like all of the other vendors.  By the time a woman (I guess) is in her 40's if she doesn't look good, she either has to forget it or have plastic surgery.  There's no amount of cream of any kind that's going to get rid of deep age related wrinkles.

You either buy into it or you don't.  Plain and simple.

Respected Contributor

If Dr. Denese is going to have an infomercial, why wouldn't she ask her good friend who has years of experience in the field.  And why wouldn't the friend agree.  A day or so of taping and it's done. (Said by a person who has no feelings about LR one way or the other.)

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Infomercials.....the last resort of all former shopping channel hosts.  It's a job, that's about all you can say about.  I thought she'd end up doing WEN infomercials.  

@chrystaltree- it's still early, she may.  But, Chaz uses models with beautiful hair and LR may have many assets but hair isn't one of them.