Trusted Contributor

Yes, we are all so grateful for the many electronics that are available in our lives to make it easier for us to communicate or just have fun, etc.

But I am seriously getting sick and tired of everyone capable  asking me to "friend" them or 'like them everywhere I go. Even when you go to a website or websource and you make contact but with something that is NOt even alive anymore.

And the QVC hosts might be worst of all. Always asking us to like  them daily !

Is this all it comes down to these days?

Everone and everything is keeping score !  YUK!!!  Man Tongue

Trusted Contributor

I so agree with you, i think it is so stupid and childish, I refuse to "like"  anyone.

Respected Contributor

It's a whole new world out there and since I want to stay as young as possible, I let the kids teach me. I find it just another way to communicate. At 62 there is a real possibility that I could become an oldster that hasn't kept up with technology so I try my best....Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

All the liking and friending is just nonsense to me.

Honored Contributor

I also agree with you all.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

"U lk me, u rly rly lk me!"

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Super Contributor

I'm in the little bit "older group"  also agree that it's just nonsense. We might as well get used to it though.  It's a sign of the times and won't change anytime soon.

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Esteemed Contributor

I feel they are wrongly used words in this society.  Friend/s are those who truly are but it takes times and years to establish that, not minutes.  Like, you can temporarily like something then change your mind altogether.  It's not something forever.  Why should it matter if someone wants to be your friend or like you so much???

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

It's the new style of advertising and marketing for companies and Facebook.

On message boards it's a popularity contest and does sort of seem like junior high school.

I like the hearts idea here because it's a short cut to ITA plus it helps me find posts with my notifications though so here it has a practical application, it's part of their "breadcrumbs" lol.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 'LIKE' ME, 'FRIEND' ME.

[ Edited ]

I don't belong to Facebook and this is the only forum I've signed up with, so the "Like Me, Friend Me" features are not something that affect me in any way.

As far as the Hearts here, at first I didn't care for them, but I now find them convenient for acknowledging a post when it is not necessary to type a response or to let someone know that I have viewed their post and agree with them.

So, the Hearts can serve as a useful tool on these forums...Of course, it can be viewed as someone "liking" you also, which isn't all that bad...Heart LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~