Esteemed Contributor

Someone once asked me how I hold my head so high after all I've been through, I said, it's because no matter what, I am a survivor, NOT a victim.

Learn lessons from your dog, no matter what life brings you, kick some grass over the s%it and move on.

Life has knocked me down a few times, it showed me things I never wanted to see, I experienced sadness and failure.  But one thing for sure, I always get up.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

That is my definition of a true hero.

Super Contributor

I am failing badly at the moment.  I too have had my bad times but this seems to be the worst.  I want to be good to myself but I am so lonely without my coworkers, friends and family.  I live alone so it is very difficult for me.  Sorry to unload but don't want to call anyone so early in the morning.  Thanks, Gail

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma .......................I had a very hard life and I too am a survivor and a very strong person, otherwise I would have crumbled years ago.  The stress however did cause me to have high BP in later life.  I have a hard time trusting and believing in people.  But 5 yrs ago I started my walk with God and I am getting better a little at a time.

I wish you a beautiful and peaceful future.  God bless

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@gellen   If you ever need someone to connect with, there are always posters here.  

This will end at some point, and our new normal will be a little different, but good times are coming, and coming soon!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

The most inspiring people I know have taken the high road most of their lives and now thrive on a precipice or mountain top. The view is wonderful and their hearts are enlarged. The 12 step folks are right -- one step at a time. Love St. Francis of Assisi - patron saint of environment and animals. He taught our walks through life should be our song and knowledge not applied is meaningless. And there's always faith, hope, and charity (love) that keep most of us going through the storms of life. 

Good on everyone on these boards whose walk through life has been their beautiful song.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau