Esteemed Contributor

LIES PARENTS TOLD THEIR KIDS CONTINUED

[ Edited ]

13,   When my kids were younger, they were under the impression that security cameras in stores were actually 'Santa Cams' and they never misbehaved in a store.

14.   In Jr High my son asked me, "Mom, what does PMS mean?"  I told him, "Poor Mommy Syndrome."

15.   My dad told me that cheese would grow on my chest if I didn't eat all my food.  I was a 6 year old girl.

16.   When they were being naughty I would say to them that the naughty children car was coming to take them away.  Worked wonders, especially when I heard a police or ambulance siren outside.

17.   Every kid in America had to sign up to play baseball at lest once.

18.   You have to snap your fingers to get the traffic light to turn green.  She believed it until 7, when we told her the truth.

19.  When my nephew was three years old, he would only eat carrots.  So I told him that other veggies are also carrots but with different colors, and he would gladly eat them all.

20.   That buffalo wings came from buffalo's.

21.   That I was always number one in school.

READER'S DIGEST

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Re: LIES PARENTS TOLD THEIR KIDS CONTINUED

@Lindsays Grandma     I heard quite a few of those......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

So cute .... THANKS😉

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

#13-Children behave when they know their boundaries; a "Santa cam" is lazy parenting.

#16-I have no words for this one.  Yes I do-what a horrible thing to let your child think you would let somebody take them away.

I read these and normally do not respond but these two really struck me in a very wrong way.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

You can add the  lies abt Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny and tooth fairy .

Honored Contributor

Don't remember what I told my kids--surley there was a few silly lies but the one I do remember and still chuckle at--when those yummy Haagen Das or dove ice cream bars came out----OMG----so delicious----and pretty pricey for only 3---I told my 2 kids when they were young--5,6,7 ish--that they were only for adults-----the kids got the popcicles and the big people got the good stuff----this went on for a few years until they got wise to it--in fact both my kids at ge 41 and 37 still remember that and give me a hard time as I chuckle away----

Trusted Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

#13-Children behave when they know their boundaries; a "Santa cam" is lazy parenting.

#16-I have no words for this one.  Yes I do-what a horrible thing to let your child think you would let somebody take them away.

I read these and normally do not respond but these two really struck me in a very wrong way.

@Cakers3  I completely agree.  I never used the “Santa is always watching you so you better be good if you want to get anything for Christmas” thing.  I never lied to my kids to get them to behave. And I wanted them to believe the police were their friends, that they’re here to help us—not be afraid of them. 

Honored Contributor

That's cute.  I enjoyed reading it.  When I saw the one about the traffic light it reminded me of how my middle daughter was convinced she could make a traffic light turn green just by wishing it would turn green.

She even had her two year older and five year younger sister she could really do this.

Well, to be fair I think she convinced the 2 year older sister for one time and when we sat through a red light that was all it took. Ha!

Esteemed Contributor

18.   You have to snap your fingers to get the traffic light to turn green. 

My Grandpa did this with the bright lights on the car.

We asked Dad how to turn the brights on and off.

Mystery solved!

now I have to go look for Lies Part 1.......

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 

@Teddie 

@skatting44 

Come on people, these are jokes, not meant to be taken seriously.  And just in case you think I made them up, no I did not, but another person with a good sense of humor did. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam