Respected Contributor

Re: LG Treasure activation questions - HELP

@Marp wrote:

@Ainhisg, LOL about "knowing my stuff".  It took me a while to figure out what was turning my wifi on when I absolutely keep it and data off unless I'm specifically going online.

Which reminds me, it would be a good idea to turn data off too.  Although the tracfone app is the only one I've come across that would automatically turn on wifi there may be apps that will automatically update using data minutes if it is turned on.

What's funny about this, is my husband's Ultimate 2 started turning on the wi-fi automatically, we'd turn it off, and in no time, it'd be back on again.  We tried everything never thinking it could be an app, and yes...he has the TF app!  This was, as you said, draining his battery like crazy, so we decided his phone was defective and upgraded him to the Sunset when it was the TSV, which he really likes.  He was going to have to get minutes in a few months anyway, so it wasn't like it cost us anything extra.  We keep our data turned off all the time unless needed, so I think we are good there.  I'm just glad you shared the info about the TF app!