Respected Contributor

Re: LG Stylo 4 6.2" HD 16GB Tracfone

@Marp @Thanks for the heads up on getting a year service for $49.00 on the Tracfone site.

I am hanging on to my LG Fiesta 2 and added the $5.00 1000 text for $5.00 and it let me buy the 1 year 365 days for $49.95.

Thank you as I remembered this when I was ready to buy the LG Stylo 4.

I thought I better make sure a new one comes out right after I would order it. This way I have time to make a good decision for myself.

I went under my Tracfone account, ordered and it was instantly on my account and Tracfone. Can’t get easier than that.

I have no need for more minutes or data but can always use the added text.

Happy Holidays to all. Be safe and have a good time. 🎄😊

Respected Contributor

Thanks to all the people on our forums for adding their suggestions and advice to help others.

I try and do the same also. The advice is always appreciated.

Super Contributor

I am  a LONGTIME tracfone user.

In October I ordered the LG Stylo 4 (one for me and one for my husband) to replace our LF Fiesta.  The Fiesta (loved it!) was used for 2 years - the year it came with and a year service that was added.  I was afraid to add another year service because I don't think these phones (any of them) are made to last as long as they used to.

The LG Stylo 4 is WONDERFUL. The activation (keeping our old phone numbers) was worlds better than every other activation through the years.  I did both online, and after putting in my info (30 seconds to do)...the screen said the transfer was successful.  Really??!?!  Called my cell # with my landline and it went right through...immediate activation.

I transferred my SIM card (photos and music) with no problems.

Love LG phones and it would be hard for me to adjust to a new company...prefer to do things the same rather than learn new things (not so easy at my age!)

Stylo has some new things to offer that I like...fingerprint unlock, camera is better.  

Enjoy your new phone!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

701-760 LG Stylo 4 6.2" HD 16GB Tracfone with 1500 Min/Text/Data

HEADS UP- HSN just dropped the price of this Tracfone down to $79.99 
as it also comes with a small 2600 mAh portable charger. I just bought the gold and it has the gold charger.
I am so happy I waited a few days. I had a feeling it might be coming down in price. Being patient paid off. I love my LG Fiesta 2 but this will a little bigger for me.
I know others were thinking about it also.
Even though I just added the $5.00 text and the 365 days for $49.00 they will all rollover to this.
I am excited. Merry Christmas to me. We had our family Christmas a few days ago so the money I got will also pay for. 👍😊
**I just posted under the electronic forum as I want anyone interested to be able to get a deal also.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@namaste000,  a question about the Stylo 4--is the action of the screen the same as on the Fiesta 2--same sensitivity and firmness when pressing?

Also, what is the battery life like in the real world?  I noted that the Stylo 4 is a larger phone but has lower battery power than the Fiesta 2 with shorter talk and standby times.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

To save battery life on the Tracfones I always turn off Bluetooth as I turn on if needed. I turn off Data and turn on as needed as I use my internet on it at home. Turn the brightness down and go in settings and turn off apps running that are not being used. If you can’t do this there is always someone that you know that can help you out. All my girlfriends bring their phones to me for help.

The only thing I don’t know is how this answers when a call comes in. Do you tap or swipe to answer? I hope you just tap the answer as it is easier to answer the phone. Any answer to this I would love your feedback on the Stylo 4.

I FOUND THE ANSWER:

Settings/Accessibility/Motor and cognition/then Turn ON Touch and Hold and exit out of screen. Then you can just touch for a second or 2 to answer. That is how I do my LG Fiesta and should also work with the new phone. Other new LG phones are doing the same.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp wrote:

@namaste000,  a question about the Stylo 4--is the action of the screen the same as on the Fiesta 2--same sensitivity and firmness when pressing?

Also, what is the battery life like in the real world?  I noted that the Stylo 4 is a larger phone but has lower battery power than the Fiesta 2 with shorter talk and standby times.

@Marp 

In my opinion, the screen of the Stylo 4 is more sensitive than the Fiesta.   

I always use a stylus (not the one stored in the phone) and the one I preferred in the past, that has a larger head, results in errors with the Stylo 4.  So now I use a smaller head stylus and it works great.  Of couse, you can use the stylus that comes with the phone (duhh!) I'm only mentioning the stylus because that makers me think the Stylo 4 is more sensitive.

I haven't noticed a difference in battery use.  I always charge my phone at the end of the day.

btw did you notice the other thread about the Stylo 4 on sale on hsn? worth checking out Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@namaste000,  thank you for the information.  I did see that the Stylo is on sale at HSN but I am still on the fence.  I do like the idea of a larger screen though.  I so seldom use my phone there isn't a really good reason to upgrade.  It is a want but I'm still considering it.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Super Contributor

@Marp The screen sizes are not that different between Fiesta and Stylus 4.

I just measured them (both with with cases) and the widths are about the same and the lengths only approximately 3/8" apart.