Trusted Contributor

Our washer broke a few months ago so we decided to get a new washer and dryer.  We bought the Samsung High Efficiency models.  I love the washer but absolutely HATE the dryer.  You put the clothes in the dryer on the normal cycle and it "determines" when the clothes are dry. They are never dry when the cycle is over so I use the time dry and dry them longer.  I am actually having to dry my clothes 2-3 times longer than my old dryer.  The sales lady has an HE one also and hates it but said they are all going to be HE very soon.  She does the same thing I do, uses time dry after the 1st dry cycle.  I now just use time dry only. How can it be efficient if I have to dry my clothes twice as long to get them dry?  The loads aren't that large either.  It is so frustrating.  Hubby said to just return it but I told him they are all that way. 

Honored Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

does it have a selection where you can select more or less dry

mine has more dry and very dry

also it says not to put lightweight and heavy weight items together so when I put towels with light stuff I select more dry

I don't have mine connected to water so I can't use the steam cycles

Yes it does have more or less dry,  it does not have steam ,did not want that.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I called to complain where i bought it,got no where,just bought last week.

@goldensrbest   The store will not be much help, although they should have somebody who knows the product.  Sometimes the sales people do just that-sell.  They don't know how to troubleshoot.

Contact LG directly.  There are issues which can cause the clothes not to dry completely, such as really small loads.  You have to adjust your timing instead of using just the sensor.

https://www.lg.com/us/support

Good luck.  I'm sure LG will help you.  Also don't forget to send in your warranty/registration for the dryer.  You can do that online too.

HTH

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor
Yes, I did that online the day I received it.
When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

no bells and whistles for little shark any more

I buy cheap and basic learned my lesson the hard way

they're all gonna break down easier when they're cheap and basic won't cost so much to replace down the road.

Only thing I ever owned that is worth a **** is my Pro Form recumbent bike

had for 10 yrs. had took out the warranty on it and guy only had to come out once to replace something I had wore out on it. Still running and I'm still recumbentin'

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I called to complain where i bought it,got no where,just bought last week.

call the toll free # of the place  who manufactured it. Should still be under one yr warranty.

Valued Contributor

Bought an LG dryer about 2 months ago.

The sensor dry has never worked.   Clothes always come out damp.  It's so annoying.  

Will never buy an LG anything again.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have a newer LG dryer and find that it works best when the fabrications are similar.  Maybe you are over loading?  Some clothing has heavier waistbands and neckbands that will be slightly damp and depending on how damp they can air dry or I'll toss those back in for a few more minutes on  "small load".  Never does a load stop when all the clothes are still very damp.

The machine is built to save energy so I decided to not fight it by laundering heavier items separate from light as best I can.

ETA:  I'll use the steam function soon to freshen a down comforter that requires dry cleaning but I have no such business nearby.  It doesn't need it, just a good freshening that I hope this drier will accomplish.  I've used it before when I first bought the machine but I've forgotten what for, I remember it worked great.  Maybe some throw pillows or something like that.

Honored Contributor

We have an LG washer and dryer. We bought them this past July.

i love the washer. As for the dryer?  The sensor thing never senses correctly. Usually I just use time dry. Sometimes if if leave it set on normal and put "very dry" it will dry the clothes. 

Putting the towels on the towel setting and let the sensor do its thing is a joke. When it's done, they're still pretty darn damp. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

Our LG dryer has this feature but I never use it on any of my clothes. When I have been doing all the laundry since my wife's Right TKR, she tells me to use this setting for certain types of her clothes. So far, no complaints to me about them, so I assume it works in a way that satisfies her.

On my own clothes I use the "medium dry" setting and set the number of minutes, then use my pocket timer to take with me to our upstairs patio room. Even on it's highest/loudest setting, I cannot hear the "done alarm" on the dryer. 

If she is happy with the results I am assuming it works to her satisfaction. 

hckynut

hckynut(john)