Honored Contributor

This is so amusing, and yet I'm not able to categorize it.  Ostensibly, it's hunky European "Jeremy",  giving his heart-felt perfume reviews, but it's not really just about that-- it's performance art!   Jeremy is so exuberant, and nothing if not knowledgeable.

At first I pondered if it was a giant hoax-- but no, he earnestly gives extremely knowing reviews.  He must be what they call in the industry, "a nose".   Anybody who can enthuse about the "tomato leaf vibe" in a perfume review, is pretty much into the weeds!

Here he discusses the best women's perfumes for winter. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAV7ILP4s4U

Esteemed Contributor

Re: LET 'JEREMY' SELECT FOR YOU

I'm sure that he must have a place in the youtube beauty community but fragrance is something that I don't like to take advice for so I don't think I'll be watching his videos (although I did peek at this one a bit).

Fragrance is personal and I want to browse stores and smell and discover fragrances for myself. Most fragrances I don't actually like very much either.

The only two fragrances that I currently own and use are by Tocca: 

Tocca Stella and Tocca Bianca.

Honored Contributor

I agree, @TY--  I won't be picking up on his suggestions any time soon either.  I meant the title of the thread a little bit sardonically.

It's more the video that I got a kick out of, the quirkiness of it-- his confidence and that over-the-top expressivenes in making his choices.  I do love to hear what fragrance "gurus" or "noses" have to say, since I've loved scent since I was very young.

My all time faves would be probably "L'heure Bleue" by Guerlain, "Nuit de Noel" by Caron, and Yves Saint Laurent "Rive Gauche",  if I had to narrow it down.  But these days? I just don't wear expensive scents-- I make a game of finding inexpensive ones, that still smell good.  I'm sure most of Jeremy's choices are out of my league....   

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  Your review was so entertaining that i had to see what this performance art was about.  So much fun, thank you for this joyful romp in the weeds!

Honored Contributor

Ha, ha, delighted that you had fun with it, @phoenixbrd!

Honored Contributor

One more entertaining (to me at least) short snippet.  Here Jeremy has invited his pal, 'Johanna', to sample his picks of top 5 frangrances for men.  The contrast in their styles is funny-- affable Johanna is as terse and decisive in her reactions to the fragrances, as Jeremy is verbose and expressively fulsome!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaSKpdfjQXA

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Jeremy looks like a suave soap opera actor!

Honored Contributor

Ha, ha, @TY, that's such a good comparison!   And there's a faint something that reminds me of sort of a twenty-first century, short-haired version of "Fabio"!!   He has the same kind of good humor, for sure.

Honored Contributor

Off topic, @Oznell, but I was watching the various wig women on YouTube when I noticed that there were offers of 30% off many brands.  I finally held my nose and ordered the RW Winner style.  I went totally conservative and safe😏

I’m mainly concerned about wanting to scratch at it nonstop.  Or that it pops off my head at an embarrassing moment😜

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, I'm now going to have to look up "Winner",  @tansy.  I'm thinking it's a cute, short boy cut?

ETA--  OK, I'm back, after checking out "Winner".   Love the way Magdaline Williams styled it-- it's not "safe" as she did it, but playful and spiky: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMPPeLFPsIw

Also like the way Haley shows the various possibilities and colors:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF9U6LUFSf0

Why do you think it will itch or pop off?   Anyway, there are solutions for those exigencies, should they occur.