Honored Contributor

LESLIE JORDAN... HERO

[ Edited ]

60 year old, 4' 11" beloved actor Leslie Jordan doesn't take guff from anyone. 

Lesliejordan.jpg

Leslie just happened to be at a Starbucks when three brothers entered and began harassing the mostly gay clientele and threatening the manager.

Leslie stood up to them, and along with others, ushered them out of the establishment.  When one of them lunged at Leslie and tried to hit him, Leslie threw his drink at the guy.

Full story here:

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/watch-actor-lauded-as-a-hero-after-standing-up-to-obnoxious-anti-gay...

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Aww, I've always liked him very much!    I always knew he was pretty small but didn't realize he was actually 4'11".  

Good for him, for standing up.  Hero, indeed, for defending others in the face of adversity.  Heart  He gets my heart.  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

A true Hero, indeed - Thanks so much for posting!  Kudos to Leslie and to the other good people who stood up to these hateful lowlifes.  

Esteemed Contributor

Good for him - the world needs more people like him!! 

Honored Contributor

One of his characters who was just hilarious was the character he played on 'Will and Grace'.   I loved that show, anyway, as the four main characters were so great together.  But his character playing against Karen (Megan Mullally who I also love) was just great.  

He's one of my favorite character actors.

Honored Contributor

I've always liked him, too.  I watch anything on TV that I know he will be on.

What a guy, not even ducking when a jerk like that tried to hit him.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Trusted Contributor

Beverly Leslierg, right?  Yes, loved him in Will & Grace.  Loved the entire cast of that show.  It's still on in reruns but anyway, good for him and everyone else who took action.

Honored Contributor

@naturalfan wrote:

Beverly Leslierg, right?  Yes, loved him in Will & Grace.  Loved the entire cast of that show.  It's still on in reruns but anyway, good for him and everyone else who took action.

When I'm home with nothing better to do, I watch reruns on WE.  W&G is on weekdays 2-4PM. (Eastern)

I did not watch the show when it was on in prime time but I love it now.  All the characters were great.