Esteemed Contributor

Re: LAST GIFT YOU BOUGHT YOURSELF?

@sunala wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Do you buy yourself a gift for Birthday or Christmas ...  or whatever .... ?   

I'm not talking about you see something you like, on sale, and purchase it.   Do you buy yourself gifts for special occasions?

If so .... what was the occasion ... and what was the gift?

@Tinkrbl44 funny you should ask.  I have a big birthday coming up this weekend, so I decided to treat myself to a bottle of Joy perfume. I ordered it today so I'm hoping I'll get it soon. If not, I bought myself a belated birthday gift.

I'm very good to myself when there's something I want. If someone doesn't buy it for me, I just buy it myself. Thankfully, I'm at that stage of our lives when I can treat myself.

There's more coming where that one came from. I'm feeling very generous this year Related image

I love that perfume too @sunala! Such a classic. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Bjjo wrote:

Two years ago, I bought a mountain dulcimer. I waiting 6 months while the dulcimer was being built. Love the music. This  was a major purchase that I've enjoyed each day. Just keeps on giving. 

Sounds cool...even though I have no idea what it is? lol I am a huge fan of electronics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Trusted Contributor

Lately, well the TS Pink Soap Rockettes and TS PINK Sea Gems which they are not sold out...........I love them and was stocking up and buying some for holiday gifts...........also some makeup, Borgese body scrub and cream, IT Cosmetics, British Tee Shirt, Geo. F. Trumpner Violet shaving cream and also one from another company in Rose...they are fo me but still I love them and them and they make shaving fun..........Josie Malone Body lotion th e $52 jar............By Terry Lip Balm in Baume de Rose, those socks that the Q had on the other day infused with oil, a tulep candle that is aqua fountain..............oh           Gorjuss THe Dreamer pencil case that I will use as something for make up in my purse........a leather handbag but it seems small as I love large totes even thought it said it was alarge tote............nothing else this year and next year.

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I don't need an excuse to buy myself something, I buy what I want, when I want.Life is too short.

This is what I do since I turned 60.... (within reason)

Honored Contributor

A couple of weeks ago I bought a Born handbag and a pair of Camuto booties from HSN - occassion - Sweetest Day (regional thing here in the midwest).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

A new pair of spectacles: Red titanium in a modified cat's eye.  I just have this fondness for cat's eye frames.  I think it's either because I was born in 1959 or because I was a Gary Larson fan.

The Far Side

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

For my 65th. Bday, I went to LV to see Celine Dion at Caesar's Palace. Took my 2 daughters and we had a GREAT time. Best Bday of my life!

Honored Contributor

(thread title) 

A 4lb jar of yellow unpopped corn, and boy is it good, made my way.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Do you buy yourself a gift for Birthday or Christmas ...  or whatever .... ?   

I'm not talking about you see something you like, on sale, and purchase it.   Do you buy yourself gifts for special occasions?

If so .... what was the occasion ... and what was the gift?

I was watching Joan Boyce and ordered her pink charm bracelet.  I was not planning on purchasing but sometimes you see something that you really like and you buy it.  No occasion just thought the bracelet set was pretty.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Lisa Jenks SS w seed pearl bracelet. Since she stopped designing jewelry, this one is special. I have bought her stuff for the past 30 years.