Honored Contributor

Re: LAST GIFT YOU BOUGHT YOURSELF?

My birthday is Christmas Eve and I used to do that most years.  But still have not bought anything for my 50th and I will be 55 this year.  I shopped around for some black diamonds but just did not ever find any that I really liked.  Then I decided I did not have to buy right at the birthday time but could take my time.   By now time is up.

When I turned 49 was my last gift for Birthday/Christmas and it was a Brahmin handbag.   I just do not feel the need anymore like I did when I was younger.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Gee wiz, that's a tough question for me.  When I think of a "gift" for myself, its usually something of wishful thinking that because of expense I normally would not consider purchasing.  

I think the last thing was a MacBook Pro.  I already have one, but it was starting to have issues.   I have plenty of things on my wishlist but DH has been hinting he would like a new SUV.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Today is 20% off at Urban Decay site. Purchased the green color correcting fluid, 2 eyepencils -- Stash and Scorch, one Vice lipstick in Venom shade and one Afterglow highlighter in Fireball shade.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Yes I do for my birthday and sometimes Christmas. From time to time I will treat myself.

It was just our anniversary and I found 2 beautiful lamps for our den and I purchased them...especially because the manufacturer has gone out of business and I will not have another opportunity to buy them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

I have for years bought myself special things I wanted for my b/d and Xmas, for the simple reason that many years I would have otherwise received nothing. This last b/d I bought myself a Coach leather bag on a whim. Never spent that much on a handbag before. Glad I did.

My next "present to me" is going to be very late Xmas and very early b/d, as I'll go for a new iPad in Spring.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Today is 20% off at Urban Decay site. Purchased the green color correcting fluid, 2 eyepencils -- Stash and Scorch, one Vice lipstick in Venom shade and one Afterglow highlighter in Fireball shade.

@JustJazzmom- thanks for posting about the Urban Decay 20% off. I just went on and ordered a Christmas gift. Another one done!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I bought a DNA test for myself for my birthday. It was something I have been wanting for a very long time.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

London Blue Topaz bracelet that I have been searching a long time for, finally found one that met my specifications!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I've bought myself birthday gifts through 2062.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Shopped today and bought myself a purse.