Honored Contributor

LA 'Stay At Home' Order Extended to May 15

The people of Los Angeles County will have to remain on lockdown for at least another month ... county officials have extended an order until May 15.

L.A. County's public health director, Barbara Ferrer, made the announcement Friday during a press conference. The "Safer-at-Home" initiative has closed public beaches, most parks and hiking trails, and limits movement to essential places like the grocery store or doctor's offices.

Angelinos have seen a drastic change when out in public ... most people wear masks or some sort of face-covering device ... and social distancing signs are posted in grocery store checkout lines.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: LA 'Stay At Home' Order Extended to May 15

I just heard this too.  I hope all 50 states follow suit.  If not directed by the governors then by the mayors of each town.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am just really impressed with California.  I am born n bred here, my family has been here since 1840.  Love it.  I appreciate the way we all work together here.  Being a health conscience state,I think we fell in line early.  I am retired, but my daughters were immediately given conference calls, and trained in zoom.  They are suppose to dress up, and be at desk at regular working hours.  Same for my working friends.  Even City employees are working from home or on remote   I think it makes a difference.  I think even catching colds is down

i live in No Cal, and the mask hing isn't the same everywhere  but for Angelico's they have to wear them out in public starting Monday

Respected Contributor

Ours was extended to the end of May.. .with workers, shoppers, volunteers, outside activities & those looking to get hired at the businesses that are open lots of people are out & about.

Super Contributor

I expect Illinois will follow suit.  Our governor is working very hard to protect the residents of this state.  

Respected Contributor

Nebraska is now for the next 3 weeks.  

Occasional Contributor

I live in virginia our order to stay at home started Mar.30th goes until June 10. 

Respected Contributor

Governor Cuomo has stated he does not want to see any restrictions eased until we have anti body testing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Haleighsgrams wrote:

I live in virginia our order to stay at home started Mar.30th goes until June 10. 

Virginia schools closed at the end of the first week of March and there was a stay at home rule with social distancing of 10 people or less until April 13.

Then that extended to May 10, now to June 10. The first social distancing did not work well enough and the governor made it a law as of March 30th. So kids have already been out since early March and will not go back to school this school year. 

My business closed up at the end of 1st week March too. 

Honored Contributor

I am so proud of my state, NC and our governor.  Our Statewide University, and public school system closed very early and almost immediately announced graduation would not happen.  

Thankful also for our strong State Department Of Public Health, and for the great school of Public Health and Research.

Be Well.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras