Honored Contributor

Re: LA 'Stay At Home' Order Extended to May 15

When you are retired it is desirable and easy to stay inside and avoid contact, but while you are doing so, our economy is tanking.  If businesses don't open soon, there will no businesses left.

People who own small businesses cannot hold out much longer and neither can their employees.

We are between a rock and a hard place.  Yes, it is safer to stay in place, but we can't realistically as a country do this for much longer.

I don't know what the right thing to do is and I am thankful I don't have to make any hard decisions like our politicians do. They are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't.

Respected Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I'm hoping ours gets shortened, not extended.  This is so depressing.  I say glove up, mask up, and get back to work as soon as possible. 

What she said!

Valued Contributor

OH NO! I am so sorry that it is necessary. I really pray that doesn't happen here in WI. I don't think I could stand it. I live alone. 

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I just heard this too.  I hope all 50 states follow suit.  If not directed by the governors then by the mayors of each town.

I hope so too

Respected Contributor

Better safe than sorry.

Honored Contributor

@santorini & @kaydee50 

DITTO!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I doubt that anyone actually wants a longer stay-at-home mandate. I doubt that anyone finds it appealing. I'm sure that some are very depressed by thought of it not ending sooner than later.

But if there is even an inkling of doubt, which is better? Resuming our daily lives and risking undoing all the good progress, or making sure that when we do resume that we will not be endangering our own or others' lives?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

We have only stayed at home in the hardest hit states.  So when the curve starts to come down, that only shows what WE have done.  

There has been no more real measures taken to make it safe for folks to stop and go back to work.  I'm not sure what people are talking about, saying they are tired of being at home?  Of course we are, but what is the alternative??

Honored Contributor

I think if we do this until late May there won't be anything to go back to or anything maybe to eat.  Realistically speaking that is.