Respected Contributor

Re: LA News Anchors Autopsy Report - C. Burrous

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

First of all, it depends on where you live and the circumstances of a death or criminal act as to how much makes it to the newspaper or television local news.  Around here, we have criminal happenings with MS-13 and their brutality but you rarely hear about it because of politics and sanctuary, so much is hushed, the public being unaware. Only when it gets too big to hush do we hear about it!

"Celebrities" are going to get major coverage, this man was an anchor in LA, hence the over-saturation of updated news and the sordid details of his overdose death! Right or wrong, the kind of news coverage we have today will be edited, filtered and put out there to meet an agenda!

Also, much of the "too much" news information in certain places is for the purpose of cable ratings and the fact that cable runs 24/7 they oversaturate with too much coverage and too much information!

@ScarletDove . With autopsy info it depends on different things. Some states have laws concerning what is released. Not all states release it.

@proudlyfromNJ  Thanks for that info.  I know what makes the news here if indeed the information is released and some in the past has been quite graffic once it makes national news, but locally they try to keep it under wraps!

@ScarletDove . Are you talking about LI with ms13?. I see that in the news quite often.

@proudlyfromNJ  No not referring to LI!

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove . Ok, just wasn’t sure. That’s where I see it happening a lot around here.

Esteemed Contributor

@PinkSunset  there is nothing good about this.  It is unfortunate that his lifestyle led to his death and in such a sordid way, but his wife and daughter are now left to deal with all of the repercussions.  His wife may have known what was going on, but I doubt that his daughter was aware.  There was no need to add such graphic details except for shock value.  Shame on those who felt the need to share every bit of this man's death.  I hope that their lives are above reproach.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I have never heard of the term "boofing" before and never knew people abused drugs in this manner. 

I must have read another article because I didn't know about the vomiting in his S&M mask that someone posted on this thread.  I also didn't know there was S&M involved.

He definitely was leading a secret/reckless life. 

Honored Contributor

@PinkSunset wrote:

well, my original question was is it necessary to provide graphic details to the public?

First of all, I do find the circumstances of his death disgusting and don't care if other people do it. People do lots of disgusting things and I don't have to accept all of them as natural. 

Secondly, as for thinking He is disgusting, the point was not to discuss his actions but to discuss why it is a need to know bit of information for the public when someone dies like this.  

Was it something you needed to know? Was it a sevice to others as a warning? Ridiculous. Anyone doing those things don't heed warnings, Wasn't it Richard Pryor who smoked a crack pipe and let himself up? Or something like that. did it stop anyone from that behavior? No. If addicts heeded warnings, EMTs wouldn;t have to carry narcan around all the time,

Again, my question was your thoughts on providing all this to the general public. when I see things like this, all I think about time and time again is how would my children or parents feel reading about their daughters activities? I guess I have a moral conscience because how they would feel would dictate ,my actions as I would never want them to feel the shame of something like this.

It might not stop addicts, but it could alert them to the possibility of overdose through rectally introduced drugs. Not everyone knows this.

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal    the mask he used is the kind that have the filters and he put "Poppers"  in the filters.  Poppers are amyl nitrate ampules and when they are cracked open the medicine comes out as a rush of gas. They jack up the heartrate.   Used for heart patients.

Poppers have been used for many years to enhance the euphoric  "experience". not sure if the mask was for S&M

Respected Contributor

oh i guess Poppers come in little vials now and they are sold in those adult type shops.

Trusted Contributor

@PinkSunset wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Even if it is information that might be shocking to some... it is news.  He lead a double life. Many people do.    And he was a public figure.  If he was a no body, than nothing would have been  said about it.

@PinkSunset      Why is it disgusting? Is it disgusting what he was doing in your eyes? Many people do what he did. It is not disgusting.... it  is just the way he was. News is news. Everyday public figures are called out for doing " the dirty deed".  Nothing alarming about it at all. 

I am sure his wife found out what was going on before it came out in the news. Who knows... perhaps she already knew about his double life. 

@SeaMaidenWow.  So putting those drugs where he put them isn't disgusting?  And "many people do what he did"?  Are you still referring to where the drugs went?  I guess I just live a sheltered life!

@shoesnbags   It is called "boofing."    Actually dangerous and  can often lead to death... 

gives a rapid onset of euphoria.    So I guess for those who choose to do this find it worth it.  Disgusting? No. Stupid? YES.

@SeaMaiden so I guess the word "disgusting" has lost all meaning ie unsavory, distatsetful, nauseating etc. Not in my book. 

ETA: also, lots of remarks about his wife knowing. Don't buy that. People lead secret lives all the time and are very good at hiding them, even having more than one wife and family can be hidden for years. 

I’d say disgusting is definitely the word I would use to describe the whole sick situation, also selfish..who knows if the wife knew, I feel very badly for their kid.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

I see this as a warning...what could happen if you use drugs this way.  

I'm sure the family already knew the details before it was released.  A public figure will get press, reach more people who might be doing things like this.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PinkSunset  What is the difference in the media reporting it and what you're doing on this forum? You brought it to everyone's attention in the same way just not ALL the details.