Honored Contributor

@maximillian I know (about names) I was thinking maybe some of the stranger names are more ummm lower on the totem pole but then when I think of some of the names  I hear the high(er) totem poles give their children....(so I hear, not like I know any) names like Muffy, Bunny, etc.

I guess it's up to middle of the roaders (like maybe myself) to come up with the 'normal' names like Emily, Jennifer, Mary, Susan and so on.  Otherwise we will have a world filled with Stormie and so on.  

Ummmm....not that there's anything wrong with that...

Respected Contributor

cute name, beautiful baby!

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I read an article on-line today that said most of her Twitter follows were all but sure the baby's name would be Mariposa, Posie or Butterfly because of matching butterfly tattoos and other butterfly hints they apparently were making so when the name Stormi was announced, Twitter went nuts.

Some of the Twitter comments were hilarious.  One said Kylie's 9 month absence from social media was the calm before the Stormi.  Woman LOL

@Lipstickdiva

I read an article that the butterfly tattoos, necklace, etc. was in reference and to draw attention to Travis's latest song/album, 'Butterfly Effect'.....or was it to throw fans/public off and create drama?

She received a blanket ($850) with the name "Stormi" embroidered on in at her shower months earlier.

Who knows, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

🙄

Muffy, Bunny are not given/legal names.  

They are family nicknames. 

What is ‘normal’?

At one time, names like Bertha, Blanche & Fannie were popular. 

Not so much anymore.

My sister was a K/1st Grade teacher & saw all the name trends

throughout several decades.  The funniest was during the

era of TV shows like ‘Dallas’, ‘Falcon Crest’ and ‘Dynasty’

of the early 80’s.  About 6 yrs later, she saw so, so, so many 

variations of the name ‘CRYSTAL’, it was comical.

I guarantee there are tons of 20-25yr old girls walking around today

with the name ‘Britney’ or hundreds of variations of.

It’s save to say her mom was a Britney Spears fan.   

Respected Contributor

I always cringe at the use of the word "normal" to describe baby names. It reeks of ethnocentrism. How many Emmas and Jakes do we need in the world anyway?

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

I have always felt it's in very poor taste to make fun of a child's name.  It's a baby for heaven sake.  It's not my business what anyone chooses to name their child and I cannot imagine grown adults making fun of someone's name that was given to them.  

Trusted Contributor

I am surprised she didn't name it Botox or Lipo.  I think those girls were dropped on their heads when they were little.  The mother is just as crazy.  At least Kim is married, more than I can say for the rest of them.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

Yep, the last name is Webster which is Travis Scott's real last name.

I just don't understand why a new mother who is not married to the father of the baby would give the child his last name.  To each his own.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kylie's baby's name

[ Edited ]

wrote:

wrote:

Did they give the baby a manicure.  Her nails look perfect.  😂😂😂

Yes @Bri36. It's gel!😁😁😁

I doubt it, there is no way the hospital staff would have allowed that to happen.  Babies are born with beautiful hands and nails. Smiley Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I don’t understand why women change their last name 

when they get married.  

Always thought that was weird.

I’m proud of my surname..ain’t changin’it for no one!