Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kylie Jenner is having a baby

OMG!  It's a Dark Shadows storyline and we've been thrust back to 1921!

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Anonymous032819    I remember the days of hiding pregnancies; however, married people need to work at their marriage and today most people do not want to work at it which is sad.  Years ago married couples stayed together.  I think it is a beautiful thing to love someone and work at your marriage to be with your best friend for 50 plus years.

years ago people stayed married because they had to, harder for a woman to find a job etc, 

or they were stuck with each other

Esteemed Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

@Anonymous032819  But there is something to be said for a child having both parents who they live with ( I do not know if these two live together).

So it's better for the child to have both parents living together, even if they don't get along, simply because they are parents?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

The whole marriage thing came about because men needed someone to have their children and keep house for them and the wife was just considered his property.  Females were raised to believe that was their lot in life!  Times are changing and women are working and can support themselves and are not seen as just wives and mothers!  It's fine if anyone wants to marry but just not necessary!!   

Honored Contributor

They do not seem to pick good men.  Because they have money it doesn't seem to be a big deal.  If they were poor they would be called "baby mama" and be frowned upon for having yet another kid..

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

with Travis Scott, the father of their 3 year old daughter, Stormi.  I just wonder one thing -- do people believe in marriage any more?  The only sister that was married with children was KIm.  

I forgot to say I wish the couple well and to have a healthy baby.

@Katcat1   After reading all these posts, I guess I am what others here would call old fashioned.  I do believe in marriage first, then children, if that is what you desire.  I don't feel that I should be ashamed to feel this way, no matter what year the calendar says.  I grew up that way and therefore so did my children.  For moral and religious reasons, that is how I feel.  Sorry, not sorry.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

with Travis Scott, the father of their 3 year old daughter, Stormi.  I just wonder one thing -- do people believe in marriage any more?  The only sister that was married with children was KIm.  

I forgot to say I wish the couple well and to have a healthy baby.

@Katcat1   After reading all these posts, I guess I am what others here would call old fashioned.  I do believe in marriage first, then children, if that is what you desire.  I don't feel that I should be ashamed to feel this way, no matter what year the calendar says.  I grew up that way and therefore so did my children.  For moral and religious reasons, that is how I feel.  Sorry, not sorry.

That's fine for you and your family, but that does not mean that it has to be that way for everybody.

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1  Good for her. She is not the first and won't be the last. Madonna never married her "baby daddy" of daughter Lola. Lourdes.

Woman are now doing it for themselves and why not? Stigma almost no longer exists. Thank goodness for that.

Kylie is happy and raising her daughter well. Best wishes for a safe pregnancy and healthy birth.

Times are changing. To me, you either roll with the times or get left behind. Who are we to judge?

BTW, this post is NOT directed at anyone in particular. It's just how I feel and my opinion.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whatever happened to loving a man?  Some of you say who needs a man?  Well, it is nice to be in love and be loved.  No, it doesn't mean marriage but that is the way it was at one time and passing that down to your children to instill certain values in their life.  Old fashion, maybe, but nothing is wrong with that.  We all have our opinions.

To the ladies that are sick of this family, etc.  Why did you ever open up this thread if you are so against this family?

This family did what a lot of celebrities do and that is take advantage of their celebrity and sell perfume, clothes, whatever.  What I don't agree with is the mother who is so proud of her daughter's sex tape.  Now that is a real shame.  Money over morals.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Whatever happened to loving a man?  Some of you say who needs a man?  Well, it is nice to be in love and be loved.  No, it doesn't mean marriage but that is the way it was at one time and passing that down to your children to instill certain values in their life.  Old fashion, maybe, but nothing is wrong with that.  We all have our opinions.

To the ladies that are sick of this family, etc.  Why did you ever open up this thread if you are so against this family?

This family did what a lot of celebrities do and that is take advantage of their celebrity and sell perfume, clothes, whatever.  What I don't agree with is the mother who is so proud of her daughter's sex tape.  Now that is a real shame.  Money over morals.

Who says that a woman needs  a man in order to "love and be loved"?

Where is that written anywhere?

One can live and be loved by friends and family.

Women should not feel obligated to get married just so they'll have a man in their life. Having a man is no guarantee of happiness.

One can pass on morals to children without being married, or even in a relationship.