Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kylie Jenner is having a baby

She wanted a baby, not a husband.

SO tired of hearing about this family.

Esteemed Contributor

It's still very much a stigma.

While youu don't have to hide or go to a home for unwed mothers, you still get a label.

How many times do you still read an article that begins "Suzy, a single mother struggles.....". "Criminal, raised by a single mother...."  "child gradautes college against all odds, raised by a single mother...."

Not much is expected of an unmarried woman.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Anonymous032819    I remember the days of hiding pregnancies; however, married people need to work at their marriage and today most people do not want to work at it which is sad.  Years ago married couples stayed together.  I think it is a beautiful thing to love someone and work at your marriage to be with your best friend for 50 plus years.

And some people stayed married when they would have been better off divorced, or never have married in the first place.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Carol Diane    I forgot about Kim being pregnant while her divorce was not final.  You are right she is far from being a good example.  So the sisters have money but no man or can't hold on to one.  

Having a man is no guarantee of happiness.

Remember, a woman needs a man, like a fish needs a bicycle.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

While youu don't have to hide or go to a home for unwed mothers, you still get a label.

How many times do you still read an article that begins "Suzy, a single mother struggles.....". "Criminal, raised by a single mother...."  "child gradautes college against all odds, raised by a single mother...."

You're talking about poor single mothers. Not the Jenners. No one is going to be saying this about Kylie or her kids because they are not disadvantaged at all.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

I'm surprised she didn't hire a surrogate like Kim did because she certainly complained nonstop about how long it took to get her figure back.  In fact, this was a huge issue with her; so yes, I am very surprised she is going to go through another pregnancy instead of hiring a surrogate. 

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant   Our country is in crisis and the last thing I care about is this.  It is great to get a reprieve and visit the wonderful people who support and show kindness to one another on this board.  I hope that Kyle has a safe pregnancy as I would for any woman.  

Honored Contributor

When you got her money, who needs a husband?

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819  But there is something to be said for a child having both parents who they live with ( I do not know if these two live together).

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

OMG. "STIGMA?" "LABEL?" 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳