Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kylie Jenner is having a baby

Once again I ask, is it better for the kid to have Mommy and Daddy living together, even if they can't stand each other, simply because they are parents?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

Why bother? Divorce is expensive.
Super Contributor

Well Congrats. I watched the first two seasons of Keeping Up With the Kardashians back when Kylie and Kendall were little girls and Caitlin was Bruce.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It's pretty obvious that they use these men to have their babies and make headlines.  And that's all that  matters to them is making money.

Valued Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

with Travis Scott, the father of their 3 year old daughter, Stormi.  I just wonder one thing -- do people believe in marriage any more?  The only sister that was married with children was KIm.  

I forgot to say I wish the couple well and to have a healthy baby.

@Katcat1   After reading all these posts, I guess I am what others here would call old fashioned.  I do believe in marriage first, then children, if that is what you desire.  I don't feel that I should be ashamed to feel this way, no matter what year the calendar says.  I grew up that way and therefore so did my children.  For moral and religious reasons, that is how I feel.  Sorry, not sorry.

My parents have been married for close to 50 years.  I believe in marraige and then children.  But I don't judge anyone who makes another choice.  I have friends who wanted to get married and start a family but the right person has yet to come along.  So they decided to have a child first.  When you're closer to 40 than 30 you start to worry that if you wait too long you're ability to have a baby is slipping away.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

There is no longer a "stigma" for having  child outside of marriage.

Gone are the quiet whispers of being unmarried and pregnant.

Marriage isn't everything. And just because two people create a baby, doesn't mean that they are suited to be husband and wife.

As long as the child is happy, loved, and healthy and well cared for, THAT is all that is important. Not whether mommy and daddy are married or not.

Well now to be sure 'marriage isn't everything' and bad marriages can be damaging, and it's true that out of wedlock births don't carry quite the same level of stigma they once did and that the whole sperm donor model of parenthood is somewhat normative these days. On the other hand, creating a stable home life and an intact nuclear family might help to mitigate some of the current explosion of mental health issues, adjustment disorders, acting out behaviors and so on. Just a thought.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Marriage isn't everything. And just because two people create a baby, doesn't mean that they are suited to be husband and wife.

As long as the child is happy, loved, and healthy and well cared for, THAT is all that is important. Not whether mommy and daddy are married or not.

Well now to be sure 'marriage isn't everything' and bad marriages can be damaging, and it's true that out of wedlock births don't carry quite the same level of stigma they once did and that the whole sperm donor model of parenthood is somewhat normative these days. On the other hand, creating a stable home life and an intact nuclear family might help to mitigate some of the current explosion of mental health issues, adjustment disorders, acting out behaviors and so on. Just a thought.

@stevieb, or it could exacerbate them. It all depends on just how "nuclear'' the family is. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@stevieb, or it could exacerbate them. It all depends on just how "nuclear'' the family is. :-)

@suzyQ3  So true and that's why it was noted early on that bad marriages can be damaging. Single parenthood is preferable to raising a child in the midst of a destructive relationship. That said, this entire family could be the collective poster child for unstable and failed relationships. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Congrats to the parents. This is a very lucky child who will have opportunities the rest of us can only dream about.

Kylie and Travis make adorable children. Stormi is a cutie!

Honored Contributor

Do these people not know there are ways to not get  pregnant????? I really don't give a hoot what those Kartrashians do anyway----not the best examples of much of anything in my opinion!!!