Honored Contributor

Kylie Jenner Stripped of her Youngest Billionaire Title by Forbes Magazine

You would think the magazine's editors would have done a little more research after the Kardashians initiated the "crowning" by inviting the Forbes staff to their home to see how she became a "self-made" billionaire, even showing them tax returns that might not have been exactly accurate.

She claims she never asked for the cover and the recognition, but the magazine's writers said her publicist tried to get Forbes to do this for about two years. This is what she said at the time (the cover was August 2018):

"wow. i can’t believe I’m posting my very own @forbes cover. thank you for this article and the recognition. I’m so blessed to do what i love everyday. i couldn’t have dreamt this up!" 

I always disagreed with Forbes giving her this title. She did not create her cosmetics - a brother and sister team did. She bought them out, kept them on her payroll, and took all of the credit.

I just don't like seeing people take credit for work others do without acknowledging them. She could have said she had a fantastic team she worked with - or something like that. 

I didn't know she recently sold half of her business to Coty. Apparently that's when it was discovered that she wasn't worth what she said she was. 

The Kardashian/Jenner family is not commenting. Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

Re: Kylie Jenner Stripped of her Youngest Billionaire Title by Forbes Magazine

She's still successful like it or not.  Personally - what others have, including "celebreties" isn't my concern.  Only care about what's in my accounts. 

Esteemed Contributor

Self made was also phony. About as phony as those lip kits. Anyone with half a brain knows her lips didn't plump out on a matching lip gloss and a lip liner. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

That family is just starved for attention.

Esteemed Contributor

It looks like Kylie was active on Twitter yesterday.  My favorite tweet was when she said she can think of 100 better things to do than fixate on how much money she has.  Just goes to show how out of touch these people are.  With so many turning to unemployment and businesses being affected by Covid, she comes across as tone deaf.

Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 9.51.49 AM.png

Honored Contributor

Poor child.  This must be disappointing for her..

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've read she pays $500 thousand per month for security for herself and daughter.  If true, yikes.  Being famous is expensive.

Contributor

Laughing all the way to the bank (that's of course after momma Kris takes her 10% off the top)!

Honored Contributor

I, for one, am positively devastated she's been stripped of her crown...

source (1).gif

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Oh yes.  She's now 'down to' just under $900 million.

How will the poor thing ever survive?