Honored Contributor

OK, being a female myself I guess I'm also patting myself on the back.  However, I just felt like I had to say how awesome I think all women are.

How many times do we see these ladies who obviously are in different stages of pregnancy on QVC, HSN, etc.  They (all women not just pregnant ones) get up in the morning, most of them get the family started and then either leave the home and go off to work or stay at home and go to work Smiley Happy (had to put that in, that was me).

Many run companies in addition to keeping the family going (me too).  How many of us who have been pregnant gotten up to go to work, trudge through the entire time thinking "don't throw up", "don't go to sleep here", "I have to fix dinner?" and so on and so on.

This is not a bust on men (was married to a wonderful one).  This is just in praise of all females out there.  

I will add what my mother used to say, "If a woman had the first baby and a man had the second baby there wouldn't be a third baby" (did I make you smile).  Annabelle

OK I'll go back over where I'm best suited....TV and Movies.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

OK, being a female myself I guess I'm also patting myself on the back.  However, I just felt like I had to say how awesome I think all women are.

How many times do we see these ladies who obviously are in different stages of pregnancy on QVC, HSN, etc.  They (all women not just pregnant ones) get up in the morning, most of them get the family started and then either leave the home and go off to work or stay at home and go to work Smiley Happy (had to put that in, that was me).

Many run companies in addition to keeping the family going (me too).  How many of us who have been pregnant gotten up to go to work, trudge through the entire time thinking "don't throw up", "don't go to sleep here", "I have to fix dinner?" and so on and so on.

This is not a bust on men (was married to a wonderful one).  This is just in praise of all females out there.  

I will add what my mother used to say, "If a woman had the first baby and a man had the second baby there wouldn't be a third baby" (did I make you smile).  Annabelle

OK I'll go back over where I'm best suited....TV and Movies.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

did people get banned on here?

Honored Contributor

@Teacups wrote:

did people get banned on here?

Not that I'm aware of, but anything is possible.  All are welcome here.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

girl-power.png (320×480)

Awesome thread, annabelle!

Respected Contributor

Re: Kudos to Women!

[ Edited ]

I agree with you annabellethecat.  Yesterday I fell on a cement walkway and injured my knee and wrist.  At the ER I was put on a guerney and taken to X-ray by a VERY pregnant young woman.  I felt guilty for having her push that cart and me.  

Then she took the xrays, which concerned me about the baby, and then pushed me back to the ER.  She must have needed that job very badly to subject herself to those things.  I give her a lot of credit.

Honored Contributor

gmkb, I liked your post.  I'm sorry you hurt.  I always say as we get old(er) we forget how bad our boo boos fell because we don't have as many (thank goodness).  

It's so easy when we're young mothers or friends, etc, to say, "Come on.  Shake it off, you'll be OK".  But sometimes it takes a little longer to 'shake it off'.  I always told my girls, "You want to cry.  Sometimes crying just makes it feel better".  I hope you had someone near to help you.

I didn't mean to bust on men, it's just that I see all women going about life, some are very pregnant, some not, some have trouble walking (age, etc).  Yet we keep going for our family.  

I don't think we women give ourselves enough credit for the way we conduct our lives.  We are our most critical critic.  Sometimes we are way to harsh with other women.

I remember carrying each of my children (pregnant).  Of course I got the size of a small house; but I remember having to get up and in the beginning I had to ride a bus a long way to work.  I puked from day one to near the end.  I remember mind over matter, just like many of you do and have done (not just pregnant).

Think about it.  When was the last time you saw any add for a male for clothing that says, "makes your waistline look smaller, or your butt look more curvy, etc?  We all need to worry less about this stuff because we are amazing.

I say all of this as I am sitting under this stupid helmet thing that will make my hair grow (I must wear a wig).  Oh!  Well, I admit i have a ways to go!

Esteemed Contributor

The ladies have got my vote!

hckynut(john)