Honored Contributor

Re: Kudos to Toronto Police for Quick Arrest

@nana59 wrote:

And kudos to our country for arresting that deranged waffle house killer......his father should also be arrested....

ITA with that!  WTH would have him give the weapons back to him, especially after previous issues AND the fact that he was told to not give t hem back?   That should absolutely, positively bring liability onto him as well as his kid.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

It will only stop when mental illness is diagnosed and treated and when people stop hating each other and their way of life.

i don’t think that is possible for the world.

I agree. And I agree that it is not possible for this world, to believe that people are going to stop hating. 

We all have free will, and some people will choose evil. Others are mentally ill and trying to find and 'help' all of them will never be accomplished. 

We can try harder and we can do better, but to believe it will ever all go away or stop just isn't realistic.

Honored Contributor

9807CA72-5E21-4CBC-9D62-B04097B72418.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Nine are dead and 16 injured in the Toronto attack, officials just announced. How tragic.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dex wrote:

It will only stop when mental illness is diagnosed and treated and when people stop hating each other and their way of life.

i don’t think that is possible for the world.

@dex

It's a real problem.............

People with mental illness need to be diagnosed and treated. A relative that is employed in the field that helps with treatment programs said either a person with mental illness doesn't get the proper help or refuses it or unfortunately, some psychiatrist just prescribe medications and unfortuantely certain individuals (particularly adolescents) shouldnt be taking certain prescriptions which can lead to irratic and violent behaviour or sucidial behavior. So some of the treatments create the problem....  There are many aspects to this issue ..........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

The Toronto police should have shot and killed him upon apprehension.  He deserves to die.  Nothing less.

Honored Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

The Toronto police should have shot and killed him upon apprehension.  He deserves to die.  Nothing less.

The Canadian legal system is more advanced than that.

Due process will determine his future. 

Honored Contributor

I saw a piece on the news last night (local) about a teen who was having hallucinations and his parents took him to the mental health unit at a local hospital. He stayed one night and signed himself out. Apparently, even minors can legally sign themselves out of mental health units if they don't want to stay in 20 different states.The next day the boy committed suicide.

The care for those who are mentally ill in our country is abysmal. To stop the carnage we HAVE TO start treating mental illness.

The same piece I spoke about they said 20% of the people walking among us have a diagnosable mental illness, but are not being treated.

Honored Contributor

I don’t think intentionally harming and killing multiple people is anything less than terrorism.Those innocent victims were terrorized and traumatized beyond imagine while just going about their day.I wonder how the survivors will ever be able to return to that street and feel safe.