Honored Contributor

Kudos to CEO Winn Dixie Stores - First Responders aka Community Heroes🙂🙂🙂

I actually posted this on other food store FB page in my area.  WD is about the only food store that has the things we need.  I do suggest they keep store open a extra hour and hope they keep back stock on essentials so they get some!

My reply from Publix was "not at this time we have no plans to implement special hours, but, will look at this at a future date".  Thank you for your suggestion.

Honestly, then readjust the senior hours!  Why? Went to sr hours today at both Publix & WM no big crowds.  I think that has started to slow down, IMO.

11B8B578-9F39-4F9A-B077-0123E6D5D50C.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Kudos to CEO Winn Dixie Stores - First Responders aka Community Heroes🙂🙂🙂

Kudos to this chain. I think they should also extend it to teachers who are out of work. These heroes are often neglected with low pay and long hours, working on weekends and buying their own supplies. 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1There are still a few things on my "need" list that I haven't found, but I have plenty of food.   Hand sanitizer, alcohol, bleach, and a new filter for my A/C (89 this afternoon for an hour or two) are things I haven't seen anywhere.

By the time one hears of a supply somewhere, it's totally sold out and that seems to be true even when the seller limits to control massive hoarding.

I actually feel safer without a good supply of those products than I would finding them but having to walk through 3 or 4 4 stores to do that.

Respected Contributor

I didn't know there was still Winn Dixie stores open anywhere.  I thought that chain was a thing of the past. 

I remember growing up in Durham NC, we always shopped at a WinnDixie supermarket.  That may have been the chain grocery store open at that time.  I don't remember any others.  But now, I know there are no Winn Dixie stores in Durham or in Greensboro NC.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops 

I'm in the same situation...food enough for hibernation just need to get creative.  

Before this virus hit FL I was in Dollar Tree to get cards.  I picked up wipes, hand sanitizer, alcohol for my family to mail home since they were already on mandatory stay at home and these items, inc. tp, paper towels, baby wipes - "essentials" were no where in their area.

In hindsight, I wish I had bought myself some  hand sanitizer & wipes no matter what time or store I never find this.  Although, Dollar Tree doesn't seem to "hold" stock so I always check there first. 

Thankfully, we have a "need" list going between friends and if they see it they call before they buy just to make sure you still need item.  Today, my friend found Bounty paper towels and chicken for our friend- kinda sad when we get excited over these items! 😉