Trusted Contributor

Re: Kudos, Congratulations, Way to go Girls

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I agree we are all different with different aspirations.  LIke when I support pageants and the runway models and attractive female performers - others jump in and slam and don't acknowledge or respect the aspirations of that group of females. 

True. I don't slam, but don't understand the "aspiration" to be a pageant or runway model in this day and age. Too many more important things to aspire to with the challenges we face as a human race. I don't belong to a "group of females", though, so I have no clue who you are referring to.

Happily, the world is changing and embracing a spectrum of "beauty" and what is gender appropriate.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

The Navy is planning to open its elite SEAL teams to women who can pass the grueling training regimen, the service's top officer said Tuesday in an exclusive interview.

Adm. Jon Greenert said he and the head of Naval Special Warfare Command, Rear Adm. Brian Losey, believe that if women can pass the legendary six-month Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL training, they should be allowed to serve.

"Why shouldn't anybody who can meet these [standards] be accepted? And the answer is, there is no reason," Greenert said Tuesday in an exclusive interview with Navy Times and its sister publication Defense News. "So we're on a track to say, 'Hey look, anybody who can meet the gender non-specific standards, then you can become a SEAL.'"

http://www.armytimes.com/videos/breaking-news/2015/08/18/31960349/

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Well, I guess if you cannot see that your comments are negative, and that there is a connection between making negative comments and receiving negative comments for something you believe in and/or prefer, then I can't explain it any further.

Surely you are aware of Gandhi.  And you surely must understand "change" in its broader meaning.

Sorry you want to interpret AND receive a post as negative.  Almost like you took offense for females you don' know.  You don't know what I believe in/prefer.  NO, don't explain further you are off on your own world.  Gandhi?  What does he have to do with things?  He was speaking of his own countrymen at a certain time.  Guess I will just trust my Native American spiritualists in their ways, not a foreigner. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

@Adelina wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I agree we are all different with different aspirations.  LIke when I support pageants and the runway models and attractive female performers - others jump in and slam and don't acknowledge or respect the aspirations of that group of females. 

True. I don't slam, but don't understand the "aspiration" to be a pageant or runway model in this day and age. Too many more important things to aspire to with the challenges we face as a human race. I don't belong to a "group of females", though, so I have no clue who you are referring to.

Happily, the world is changing and embracing a spectrum of "beauty" and what is gender appropriate.

Bottom line for the pageant females and others in the public eye is money.  There's money for the 'aspirations' to do other things/goals/education, etc.  Can't say the world is changing yet, too many wear their 'outfit' of envy, jealously, hatred, and many use their belief systems to forward their resentments. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

My guess is that people aren't disagreeing with the aspirations of the women involved, but rather with the system that treats women as objects, to be valued by and large for their looks.  Especially their looks in as little clothing as possible.

It's part of a much larger problem where women are treated as sexual objects only

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Trusted Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@Adelina wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Bottom line for the pageant females and others in the public eye is money.  There's money for the 'aspirations' to do other things/goals/education, etc.  Can't say the world is changing yet, too many wear their 'outfit' of envy, jealously, hatred, and many use their belief systems to forward their resentments. 

Why must this be the retort every single time? Too facile a response. Sorry, it doesn't register with me. 

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of wording of comment