Esteemed Contributor

Can't believe the Krispy Kreme issue is being discussed again!  Talk about reruns - that thread was just last week.  Beating a dead horse.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I guess, since there seem to be so many things made with Oreos these days, that I'm in the minority in not getting the appeal of the Oreo.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my sweets and doughnuts are right at the top of that list.  If I didn't make rules for myself with sweets, I could probably eat 6 doughnuts in a day.   But I do have rules that apply to each of the numerous sweet items I keep on hand, as to how much of it I can eat in a given day.

The Oreo thing reminds me of the 'cookie dough' thing that's been going on for a long time now.  I never got that one, either.

As to Krispy Kreme - we got one of those a while back and then it went away.   I can only assume that it didn't get enough business but that seems odd since it was in a pretty good location central to a whole lot of businesses, including the one large mall in town.   

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Two new limited edition Krispy Kreme doughnuts being introduced featuring the Oreo Cookie.  I don't think these can be substituted for the free glazed!

921798eb-cc59-4603-a678-fbd3318dec5d.png

Gosh, I love oreos and donuts, but not like this!  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Krispy Kreme Freebie

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Two new limited edition Krispy Kreme doughnuts being introduced featuring the Oreo Cookie.  I don't think these can be substituted for the free glazed!

921798eb-cc59-4603-a678-fbd3318dec5d.png

Wow, right off the back of the Spring Minis--which were adorable-- Krispy Kreme is bringing even more deliciousness to the masses! 

I love Oreos (doesn't everyone?) and these look amazing to me. I just finished watching a youtube video for these and they got a rave review.

Save some for me Krispy Kreme I'm on my way, lol. Smiley Very Happy

eta ~ If you're buying the "Oreo Lover's Dozen" it comes with four of the Oreo Cookie Glazed, four of the Oreo Cookie Over-The-Top, and four glazed. But, you don't have to get the four glazed. Those four glazed can be substituted for any other donut of your choice (other than the Oreo donuts) that they sell. 

Probably not important for people who already fear the hazardous effects a glazed donut, lol, but for people like me who are buying for a construction crew it's good to know. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I like a good eggy cruller, or a lemon filled Bismark.

Glazed French Cruller – The Donut Man, Southern California's Best Donuts

Short & Sweet on 49th Parallel and Lucky's Doughnuts | fiona the foodie

Not my pictures. Not my donuts! Woman Mad

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

I also do not get the appeal of Oreos. I have never liked them, and they would be my very last cookie of choice if I could have any cookie I wanted. 

Of course, I'm talking about the original flavor. I have tried some of the different combinations they have come out with, and I have to say the caramel apple flavor was outstanding.

But the original doesn't cut it for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

No to the Bismarck, but yes, yes yes to the cruller!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

You are so very bad!  Smiley Wink

They both look great, but the lemon-filled is making me drool.