Honored Contributor

Krispy Kreme Free donuts and coffee with no vaccine requirement.

We have all seen the thread where Krispy Kreme is giving out free glazed donuts to those with a vaccination card every day until the end of the year.

But wait!  They are giving a free donut and coffee to everyone on Mondays even those who have not had the vaccine for a limited time.

Something for everyone, but the nearest KK shop is 72 miles away from me.

4C3204BE-6F37-4C2C-95B0-E1E2C373E866.jpeg

QVC Customer Care

Re: Krispy Kreme Free donuts and coffee with no vaccine requirement.

This post has been removed by QVC because it has controversial content

Honored Contributor

I think that is a nice thing to do and good marketing strategy on top of that and I've always thought, if I'm going to have a donut, it ought to be krispy kreme-yes original glazed!

and for dessert-the chocolate or perhaps the jelly filled lol!

Not kidding 😄

of course there are those silly people like a friend of mine who insist that Duncan Donuts are her favorite!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Woman Surprised

Sounds a bit hokey to me.  I have not seen this kind of thing.  Those donuts turn me off anyway.

I have to be sure to be vaccinated but even cash would not entice me.

Honored Contributor

I think this is a very kind and happy thing that they are doing!  I have read that there is so much negativity toward this.  I just don't undertand it.  No one says that anybody HAS to go and get a donut or that they HAVE to eat a donut every day just because Krispy Kreme is offering a free one every day for the rest of the year!  The company said they are making this offer this way realizing that they, of course, don't expect people will be coming in every day for a free donut, and they know that not everyone is receiving their vaccinations at the same time, so they wanted to make this offer available for a long time so anyone that wants it can have it!  They are not trying to encourage obesity. Why does any kind gesture have to turn into something negative?  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

I agree it's a nice gesture while also being a good marketing strategy!  I had a coupon for a free Krispy Kreme glazed doughnut once.  I never had KK before and thought, why not?  Let's see why so many people love them.  Unfortunately, I didn't really care for it.  I think it had some sort of funny "under taste".  So, I'm still a Dunkin Doughtnut girl.  Woman Tongue

Man plans. God laughs.
Respected Contributor

not  a fan of the Krispy Kreme..BUT I do have a fabulous place, "DonutMan" a few blocks from my house, in Glendora CA -and if THEY would only  give away their signature strawberry donuts or Tiger Tails one day a week....well..I would be in big trouble!donut man assortment.jpg

Respected Contributor

I was never overly impressed by the boxed Krispy Kreme donuts we bought in the supermarket. Then I helped run a Krispy Kreme donut fundraiser for my son's 5th grade field trip to Colonial Williamsburg. We ordered 200 dozen glazed donuts to be sold after each of the Sunday Masses. They were still warm when we got them, were light as a feather and the aroma wafting from the minivan was nothing short of enticing. The family who picked them up were our first customers - they went through 2 dozen between the Krispy Kreme store and our church (about 5 miles). We sold every box by the time the noon Mass ended. I still don't buy them from the supermarket, and I'm glad the donut shop's too far away to be convenient. I think Krispy Kreme's offer is a nice gesture. In the unlikely event that we happen to be near the shop, we'll pull out our vaccination cards and get a fresh donut! 😉

Esteemed Contributor

Within the original announcement was a statement that employees will have 4 hours of PTO to get vaccinated.

Think TJ and Target doing the same.

Should make a difference to those working there.

Honored Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia 

When that 'Hot' light is on at KK, I'm a goner! LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.