Trusted Contributor

Good grief.  I just saw a presentation for the Kringles which they are selling for $45.50 for 2.  Last week I bought a pumpkin one at Trader Joe's for $7.99.  I also have bought the raspberry and almond ones.  They are very good but no way would I buy them for that price.

Respected Contributor

I believe they are a different company than what is available at Trader Joe's.

Not everyone has a Trader Joe's in their area. Not everyone walks into a grocery store, especially for a non essential item. QVC price is in line with kringles companies' online prices, especially after shipping is factored in. 

Trusted Contributor

They are definitely the same company.  It's right on the packaging.  I realize that not everyone has a Trader Joe's.  This was a post for those who do and are interested.

Honored Contributor

have not seen them in my area, but these looked so tempting!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Last time I bought a Kringle at Trader Joe's or Aldi's it was from O&H Danish Bakery. Perhaps that's changed since it's been ages since I've been in a Trader Joe's. There are several bakeries in the Racine area that produce a Kringle. 

It looks like QVC is selling Kringles from Racine Danish. 

Honored Contributor

on another website,  one harvest  kringle from OH Danish Bakery is $25 plus $10 shipping from racine, ohio. compared to that company the ones from qvc are a better deal.

the vermont country store has kringles , package of two, for $45 plus at least $11 for shipping. qvc still has a better deal.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sabra wrote:

Good grief.  I just saw a presentation for the Kringles which they are selling for $45.50 for 2.  Last week I bought a pumpkin one at Trader Joe's for $7.99.  I also have bought the raspberry and almond ones.  They are very good but no way would I buy them for that price.

@sabra   I understand what you mean by Trader Joe's and while I agree that not everyone is near one (I have 2 in my area) those Kringles are not rare so yes, I agree the price is very high.

They really are just fruit filled pastry anyway; not something hard to find.

(I hope none have mold in them.)

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

Last time I bought a Kringle at Trader Joe's or Aldi's it was from O&H Danish Bakery. Perhaps that's changed since it's been ages since I've been in a Trader Joe's. There are several bakeries in the Racine area that produce a Kringle. 

It looks like QVC is selling Kringles from Racine Danish. 

@Etoile308   I saw the O&H at TJ's a few weeks ago.  The price is definitely lower at TJ's.

I'm not a Kringle shopper so I cannot attest to other products from Racine.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I went to Trader Joe's last week looking for a Kringle! It was a pain. Had to wait in line outside the store in a mask & then, of course, masked in the store & NO Kringles. Boo.

Do you know if they are the same weight-22oz-as the Racine Kringle.

A good Kringle may be worth that price to me. They are delicious.

Trusted Contributor

Aldi's carries some and as a Kringle aficionado I can say they are as good as the Racine ones. I buy a ton from TJ's and Aldi and freeze them. We just ate the last one last week.

i love the almond and raspberry. The pumpkin 🤮