Honored Contributor

Re: Kohberger parents subpoenaed to testify before PA grand jury.

@BlueFinch wrote:

If factual information, I saw a photo online of her walking out her front door, down the driveway, to a white car. Couldn't tell the make. But this was supposedly the last time she was seen.

Maybe it was a Hyundai, which has them zeroing in on Kohberger. That, along with the close location, would certainly target him.

I, too, think there's a good likelihood he's murdered before. He seems to be a narcissistic, sociopath. I worked with some of these people. I'd always say in report -- 'watch out, this guy's heart rate wouldn't even go up if he killed you.' Smooth players, but so evil underneath. 

@BlueFinch I saw that picture but I have not seen verification regarding time and date. Security cameras time and date stamp.

I am more curious about her friend. Certainly investgators questioned her.

Was that car known to her? Was it Uber? 

The friend seems to be walking Dana out to the car. Certainly the friend had to know who was in the car. Simple conversation between two friends.

"I called Uber."

"I called xxxx to give me a ride home."

There are internet sleuths who are reporting anything that might match and how they found this may be a lead and it may be nothing.

My concern is can other murders not associated with Kohberger taint the Idaho case? Suspicion isn't proof as we know.

I hope the family of Dana Smithers will have justice.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Here's a thought: Kohberger and Smithers both have a history of substance abuse and treatment in the Poconos area. 

They could have crossed paths at rehab programs, doctors' offices, medical labs, drug dealers' houses, whatever....

Take it from there.  

Respected Contributor

Dana did not get in a white car when she left her neighbors home.  She walked to her house, very close to neighbor.  When she was leaving her neighbors she had her keys and phone in her hand.  Both items were found in her home, so she did make it home. It was a group of on line sleuths that first tried to make a connecction to Kohberger as she was not found for almost a year.  I dont think the Stroudsburg law enforcement did a very good job of looking for her as she was found 1/4 mile from her home in a wooded area.  I live in the area and know/knew her, very sad situation for all that knew her and loved her.

Respected Contributor

@meem120     Prosecutors convene a grand jury when the known facts of a case are not yet solid enough for a conviction. So they're looking at someone for Smithers' murder. Have you heard any local rumors or speculation?

I hope our postings don't upset you. 

Respected Contributor

The Stroud Area Regional Police have released a statement that they have no information connecting Kohberger to Smithers.

So why were Kohberger's parents called to testify at the grand jury? 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If he had anything to do with her disappearance, he certainly could have put or left her keys and phone in her home. I think internet sleuths can be a huge help, or a huge hindrance when law enforcement is trying their best not to tip off who they consider a " person of interest". 
I know many don't care for Nancy Grace, but she was on the other night on a news show (I forget which one, it was one of the many cable news shows) and she had lots of info I had not heard before. She must have a lot of friends within the system she can get info from. The info she shares or her own theories seem to always turn out to materialize. She does know the law and I enjoy her giving legal aspects of things as they change.

I also learned there is no privilege for children/ parents; only priest/parishioner and attorney/ client. It would be a real gut punch to have to testify against your own child. 

Respected Contributor

@PickyPicky3 

Yes, there are rumors around town.  She has a young child and an ex. Previous drug usage, but she has been in recovery for awhile.  Her family has been through quiete alot as you can imagine, so I hesitate to go into details on a public forum.  We will just have to wait and see what develops.

Respected Contributor

@PickyPicky3   And why his aprents were called to the Grand JUry is beyond what we know.  We cant figure out the why, because SAP has said there was no connection, even before the grand jury.  You would have to know I believe,. local politics and know  DA election that was last week. 

Respected Contributor

@meem120    Of course, the info about Kohberger's  parents came from an unnamed source, so who knows?

I also was thinking that at times grand juries work on a few different cases at the same time to be more efficient. Maybe his parents were called for something else.

Unsolved cases are so stressful for family, friends and the whole community. I hope all this is soon resolved.

Respected Contributor

There is so much we don't know about any of these crimes he may or may not have been involved in. I think law enforcement is not releasing but a fraction of what they have at this point. It will be interesting to see what else comes out and when they decide to make things public. I just hope any additional crimes he has committed he will be held accountable for. Justice needs to be served for all of his victims.