Super Contributor

find it fascinating,,x-ray, sucti @n, recording,,,just wonder if anyone else is into this. Clive Owen is wonderful along with many others.

Honored Contributor
I was enjoying that station's Banshee series during their recent free trial but not enough to pay another $10/mo.
Honored Contributor

Is this about the show called 'The Knick'? I like this show very much. I don't know the name of the main actor, but he does look familiar.

If it's about the Knicks - I have no idea. I'm not a fan of basketball.

Respected Contributor

We watch and enjoy. The process of how medical knowledge was gained is fascinating. I'm so happy not to have lived then and needed surgery but thankful for the doctors who kept searching for better ways to heal people. In particular, the light bulb moment of using a vacuum process in surgery.

My grandfather died in the 1930s after a simple gall bladder surgery. My sis died in need of a heart valve replacement in 1959. If only they'd known then what they know now! I also wonder if medical research now has as much free reign as it did then. I really have no idea.

This show is a trove of eye openers.

Super Contributor

Free, sorry about all your history, but I also think of the advances having been made,,,used to wish Star Trek could come and zap me with a no pain air shot and cure all.

Chicky, it's worth a watch/see,,just about the beginning of discovery of things for med techniques. It's truly amazing. Edison was on with hid 'new fangled talking/taping machine'. It makes one think and appreciate how far we've come and realize what some went thru to get us where we are,,,,,i.e. the "darker colored" man,,,,don't know how to say it here.