Honored Contributor

Re: Kleenex has colored tissue now!

@60sgirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@60sgirl wrote:

did no one notice this thread was from 2012 and brought up today by a new memeber with 1 post? 

Hmmmm..

several people pointed it out, but in the grand scheme of things does it really matter? i answered anyways.......

I don't see the big deal either, if anyone has something to say or add about colored TP and Kleenex, does it matter when it was started?

well excuse me. It does matter.  First of all, it would take hours and hours to go back to 2012 threads on this forum just to drag one up clogging up all the new posts. Secondly, the new poster who did seems to me must have come on this board and signed up specifically to "find" a 4 year old post. What if everyone took that much time to go back and drag up old threads? Oh yeah, they did on the old forums before the changes were made. You'd log on in the morning and find page after page of old threads dragged up by one person who posted something that day just to clog up the forums. So even though this was one this time, how do you know another "troll" isn't/wasn't testing the waters to see if they could do it and then do it all night long.

And people who do that get called out on it all the time. No need to be so snarky about it.

ETA: I went back and read through this thread and did see at least 5 people who pointed that out. Both of you posted after those posts but only when I posted it, you decided to make snarky remarks. Why? 

According to others posts here, it seems possible to search a topic, and then have threads listed to which one can post. It doesn't necessarily take hours to find an old post, but can be stumbled upon quite innocently and responded to before one notices the dates.

How about rather than just assume that the OP is up to shennaigans, you just answer the topic or move on, without all the snark and accusations in your tone.

It's a post about Kleenex colors for heaven's sake. Quit making a federal case of it, until something 'bad' really does present itself.

Honored Contributor

By the way, folks, Kleenex does NOT seem to have any colored facial tissue to offer -- at least not new ones as shown on its website.

Maybe some are still available on eBay and places like that.

Their newest offering in the facial tissue arena is the small, round container that "fits anywhere."  With white tissue inside.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

By the way, folks, Kleenex does NOT seem to have any colored facial tissue to offer -- at least not new ones as shown on its website.

Their newest offering in the facial tissue arena is the small, round container that "fits anywhere."  With white tissue inside.

i have bought those.......the shape is good and the designs are nice and modern. i am having trouble finding them though since my first purchase. i have a feeling they may not be around a long time.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

@60sgirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@60sgirl wrote:

did no one notice this thread was from 2012 and brought up today by a new memeber with 1 post? 

Hmmmm..

several people pointed it out, but in the grand scheme of things does it really matter? i answered anyways.......

I don't see the big deal either, if anyone has something to say or add about colored TP and Kleenex, does it matter when it was started?

well excuse me. It does matter.  First of all, it would take hours and hours to go back to 2012 threads on this forum just to drag one up clogging up all the new posts. Secondly, the new poster who did seems to me must have come on this board and signed up specifically to "find" a 4 year old post. What if everyone took that much time to go back and drag up old threads? Oh yeah, they did on the old forums before the changes were made. You'd log on in the morning and find page after page of old threads dragged up by one person who posted something that day just to clog up the forums. So even though this was one this time, how do you know another "troll" isn't/wasn't testing the waters to see if they could do it and then do it all night long.

And people who do that get called out on it all the time. No need to be so snarky about it.

ETA: I went back and read through this thread and did see at least 5 people who pointed that out. Both of you posted after those posts but only when I posted it, you decided to make snarky remarks. Why? 

According to others posts here, it seems possible to search a topic, and then have threads listed to which one can post. It doesn't necessarily take hours to find an old post, but can be stumbled upon quite innocently and responded to before one notices the dates.

How about rather than just assume that the OP is up to shennaigans, you just answer the topic or move on, without all the snark and accusations in your tone.

It's a post about Kleenex colors for heaven's sake. Quit making a federal case of it, until something 'bad' really does present itself.

so I just saw that an entire thread was devoted to posters bringing up old threads from 4-5 years ago and many of the people responding on  that thread feel like I do. In fact one poster said you could be banned for bringing up all those threads and mentioned that some of the posters are not even active on these boards anymore, like the OP of this one.,

So while I merely made an observation on my first post, and then responded to yours, I'd hardly call that making a federal case out of it or being snarky.

You OTOH are here it seems all the time and give constant liturgies to posters that at times go on for post after post while you reply to all of them.

It's interesting that when someone responds to another's post, even if only once as I did, they are told to move on, get over it, quit making a federal case out of it, yet when the accuser does it, it's acceptable.

And as for someone putting something in a search bar and thus finding an old thread, yeah, if they are specifically trying to find something, but it seems pretty odd that  a new poster would type in kleenex in a search bar to see if there are any posts on that subject and then make one post. and regist specifically to talk about the burning topic of kleenex and then leave after one post. 

Frankly, I don;'t need your approval on what I think or my suspicions on anything or anyone, I;ve had my say now perhaps we can all go about our business. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Esteemed Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Hasn't there always been colored tissue and toilet paper? I just figured it went out of style for a while.

My memory is a little fuzzy, and maybe someone who remembers better than me will correct me if I am mistaken, but I think in the '70's, the dyes used were causing skin irritations and rashes, so they discontinued use of the dyes.

I could very well be wrong about that though.

I can't answer for the 70s but what I use is called Angel Soft Pretty Prints. There's one with pink flowers and greens leaves that I've used for years and this fall/winter I've been using one with a blue print that I like to think of as snowflakes but is probably actually blue flowers. They also make one that is lavender scented, but I haven't tried that one.

This is such an odd thread. If someone told me I'd be posting about what toilet tissue I use I would have said they were crazy. But here I am telling my bathroom secrets, lol! 

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Yep!  Those special Kleenex round containers are called, "Perfect Fit" round cylinder Kleenex holders.  I have no problem purchasing the 3-pack at Walmart in my area (south fla).  Love these!

Honored Contributor

I think there is a misunderstanding about how new posters are tripped up when typing in titles in the subject line.

They are not necessarily "searching."  In fact, if they are that new, they probably don't even know the box has a search feature.  I know I didn't know a subject line could "search" when I first had suggestions pop up.  I accidentally clicked and all of a sudden, some former thread appeared.  So I had to start over.  Maybe a new poster doesn't realize you have to start over.

The new poster more likely innocently starts his/her new post and it becomes attached to the older one.

This is not the same scenario as someone deliberately resurrecting some old thread.  These are two different reasons for an older thread to reappear, and a deliberate search is only involved in one.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

@GingerPeach I guess we won't know unless the new poster returns and starts posting regularly after their first post. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

You're blowing snot on it, who cares what color it is. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JAXS Mom wrote:

You're blowing snot on it, who cares what color it is. 

I do! Before I'm blowing snot on it, it's sitting on my counter top or my side table, the console of my car, etc.

Unfortunately, I can't find colored Kleenex, so I look for cute containers. Every time walk into one of my bathrooms I see the tissue. If I'm going to be seeing something multiple times a day, every day, and there's a choice, I want it to be something I like.