Honored Contributor

Re: Kleenex has colored tissue now!

Kleenex brand tissues have always come in colors, it's nothing new.  The colors though only come in a few different style boxes, not all of them.  I have a box of tan tissues open right now.

Honored Contributor

I remember colored tissues and tp back in the day. I also remember a white, with colored flowers in TP as well back in the day.

I'll stick with white, as I'm sure the dye can't be good for you, but would like to see some color once in awhile if it was truly safe.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY wrote:

Maybe this time around they will be using food quality or very mild, natural dyes.  We'll see..........time will tell.  (Otherwise, I'm sure they will be top sellers in the TP world.)

Back in the day Kleenex had pastel colored TP, but it must have been irritating to the ho-hah, so they went back to white.

Personally, I don't consider tissue boxes or colored tissues to be decorative items, so it really doesn't matter to me.

Valued Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

REminds me of my Mother's purple bathroom when I was growing up....Purple Kleenex and purple toliet paper too....LOL

Hey don,t laugh I had a light purple kitchen in the early 50's I painted my self and I still have a bowl with a bit of that paint on it LOL

Honored Contributor

Just a heads up on the t paper. My plumber told us do not stick toliet paper down the commode, stops it up eventually. We just had our septic line pumped out, t paper had stopped it up . Cost 200 to remedy. Have to stick the paper in a plastic sack lined waste basket, empty daily.

On youtube are videos on idiots sticking 'flushable' wipes down the commode and the man had to dig up the whole line and he dug up a mountain of 'flushable wipes' that Charmin makes. Cost him 400.

Note to the wise, do not stick t paper, wipes, women's products, grease, etc. Septic is just made for bodily waste. Period.

Respected Contributor

low flush toilets are the problem. our plumber said  the small amount of water with low-flush commode doesnt move the solids along.  soft TP clogs pipes and septic.  use Scott the cheap stuff and flush 2x  . all septic systems need to be serviced periodically

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I wouldn't buy colored tissue but I do wish they'd have bettter designs on their boxes.

I kept two of the oval boxes they sold a few years ago (one a pretty yellow floral swirl and another a green foiled look with graphic Christmas trees in snow).  Too cute to toss out.

Kleenex.jpg

@GingerPeach ~ I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I do things a little differently though in that I don't save the empty boxes. I should have..I had some of those that you posted in the picture and was sad when they were gone. There were other colors too.

This year Kleenex had a few cute designs in packages of three at Target. I had a blue one with white snowmen, a red and white design with holiday sayings like "merry and bright" and such, and one that was silver and blue. 

Here's my quirk though...last year I stocked up on boxes that are shaped like Santa's house, a gingerbread house, and a toy store. I had so many that I used some this year and still have 3 boxes left over. It's lucky I have a huge bathroom closet! 

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2

You should have seen me trying to stuff new tissue into the old oval box.  I finally gave up and just left it empty!  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Just an OT observation:  A thread originated with only one post over three years ago reemerges today with a post by a persona who joined today to post their first post on same thread? 

You're right. This thread was started in 2012, and the very first response to it was today, by a new poster, who just signed up today.

Hmmmmmm.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

Just a heads up on the t paper. My plumber told us do not stick toliet paper down the commode, stops it up eventually. We just had our septic line pumped out, t paper had stopped it up . Cost 200 to remedy. Have to stick the paper in a plastic sack lined waste basket, empty daily.

On youtube are videos on idiots sticking 'flushable' wipes down the commode and the man had to dig up the whole line and he dug up a mountain of 'flushable wipes' that Charmin makes. Cost him 400.

Note to the wise, do not stick t paper, wipes, women's products, grease, etc. Septic is just made for bodily waste. Period.

We have a septic system in our home and we have lived here 16 years this month. I presume your use of the word "commode", you are not referring to a cabinet, but what I call a toilet(and some not allowed words).

We have our septic tanked pumped every other year, and yes our tp goes right into the toilet. Was never told by any of my several plumber friends not to put tp in the toilet.

They all did tell me to have it pumped regularly. They said with the size of our septic system and only 2 of us living here, every other year was/is pretty much their consensus. They also told me that ALL septic systems are designed to process tp.

We pay $119 to have this done in the above mentioned time frame and have never had an issue with our septic system. Our Sump Pump? Different story. We have replaced it twice and I fixed it myself twice. 1 incident was caused by our "sweet little, Devil Feline Brothers".

They somehow managed to find a way to get a brush in our sump pump well. It wedged itself under the float in the well, thus preventing it from being able to empty, much like a toilet tank float getting stuck. Not a fun thing to be putting your arms and hands into for sure.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)